Has anybody ever done this?

coullion

Well, today I had cut 9 different ornaments with quite a bit of detail to them. I laid them out to spray with lacquer and accidentally grabbed the spray adhesive instead of the lacquer. Sprayed them and was wondering why it wasn't shiny! Well, answered my own question when I noticed what I was spraying. Needless to say I was PO'd about it!! I finally calmed down (after a session of prayer) and I guess I will let it dry and try to sand them back down, hopefully not breaking any of them and start over. I now have the spray adhesive on the other side of the garage shop away from my lacquer area.

I've made more than my share of mistakes over the years, but never that one. I think I'd try soaking them in turp, or whatever the correct solvent is (the sooner the better), and then try to wipe off  and use compressed air to blow them dry. You'll really have to let the solvent 'flash off' completely. I'm looking forward to how others would attack this goof.  Good luck.

Well welcome to the club. I thought I was the only one that made a boo boo like that .It was so embarrassing I never owned up to it till now. And have done it with other cans of chemicals too. I don't want to repeat what I said ,but idiot was in the sentence! I don't remember what I did to remedy the situation all all the suggestions sound real good to me. Yes spray glue needs to be in a safe adult proof place,lol  :) 

Soak them in mineral spirits and then if possible, give the glued surface a light wipe with a soft cloth also soaked in the mineral spirits. Once the adhesive is gone, just let them dry very well and finish as normal.

Barry

this technic really works, I have tried before.......of course because I have hade same issue

Boy this gave me a nice laugh, hopefully you've been able to laugh about it too by now. It's supremely irritating when we make boneheaded mistakes like this. Lord knows I've made my share, but looking back at them, or even better seeing someone else make them, I just can't help but laugh.