Jump to content

Richard Hotchkiss

SSV Silver Patron
  • Posts

    132
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    3

Everything posted by Richard Hotchkiss

  1. Archer, welcome from Ashland, Virginia. Enjoy the forum and the great help and advice you can get.
  2. Eddie, your set up looks just fine and if it works for you that's all that matters. Agree with everyone else, free is always good to pickup and use again on other projects. I have taken old 2 inch legs off of old trashed tables and turned them into some beautiful pieces and handles on the lathe. Welcome to the forum and enjoy your new hobby!
  3. Welcome from Ashland, VA. Enjoy your new hobby and happy scrolling!
  4. Beautiful work, you did a great job on it!
  5. Chip, welcome to the forum from Ashland, Virginia. Everyone on here is very helpful and they have a wealth of knowledge. Enjoy your new hobby.
  6. Welcome from Ashland Virginia. Everyone on here is very helpful. Enjoy your new hobby.
  7. Welcome from Ashland, Virginia. Your work is beautiful! Richard Hotchkiss "Poppy's Workshop"
  8. Allen Even with repairs it still looks great, you're the only one that will ever know. Beautiful work!
  9. Welcome to the forum from Ashland, VA. Everyone on here is very helpful and they have a wealth of knowledge to provide answers to your questions. I started out on a Ryobi 16" saw and now do all my cutting on a King Industrial doing mostly scroll saw clocks. Enjoy your new hobby and welcome! Richard
  10. Doug, welcome to the forum from Ashland, Virginia. Everyone here is very helpful with a wealth of knowledge. In Virginia now but born and raised in Northwestern PA. Richard
  11. Aaron, welcome to the forum and glad you are getting back to the scroll saw. Everyone on here is very helpful with answers to your questions. More than anything small shop or a large shop, just have fun! Richard, "Poppy's Workshop", Ashland, VA
  12. Seth, welcome from Ashland, VA. Everyone on here is very helpful.
  13. Beautiful work Annie! Welcome from Ashland, VA. Everyone on here is very helpful.
  14. No experience with the Grizzly scroll saws but do have two Grizzly bandsaws that I have had for years. Both of the bandsaws have been very good for me with no problems at all. I once called Grizzly for another manual for one of the bandsaws a couple of years ago and it was sent out very quickly and the rep on the phone was very friendly and had good knowledge about the product. Best of luck in your scroll saw search.
  15. Grey, welcome to the forum from Ashland, VA. Everyone on here is very helpful. You'll enjoy your new hobby.
  16. Great, great job and beautiful work!
  17. Welcome from Ashland, VA Everyone on here is very helpful and I'm sure the scrolling will help out in your recovery.
  18. Jimmy, I have had the Dewalt 735x planer for 4 years now and love it, no problems at all. Yes a big investment but if taken care of should last you a lifetime and you will be amazed at how much you will use it once you have a planer. Best of luck with your decision and purchase. Richard Ashland, VA
  19. Kevin, Just finished a butternut live edge slab table for my wife last week. Sanded it to 400 grit and then applied 5 coats of minwax warm gloss polyurethane. I went over lightly with 000 steel wool between each coat, tack clothed it then applied the poly and repeated this process for all 5 coats. When completed it had a beautiful finish and just as beautiful as any epoxy resin that I have done and seen. Good luck with your table! Richard Ashland, VA
  20. Beautiful, beautiful work! Great job, you should be very proud of that piece.
  21. I have both the 9 inch and a 10 inch grizzly bandsaws and they have both been very good saws. I wouldn't pay $200 for that used saw when you can get a brand new saw with a warranty for not much more money. Like Ray mentioned above I would check out the Grizzly saws. Both of mine are 8-10 years old and have not had any problems with either one of them.
  22. Barb, Beautiful work, very nice job!
  23. Ralph, very very nice, keep up the beautiful work.
  24. Thanks for the sayings. I make hand carved signs in addition to scrolling so think I'll make the laundry saying for our laundry room door. Thanks a bunch!
×
×
  • Create New...