Jump to content

Richard Hotchkiss

SSV Silver Patron
  • Posts

    132
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    3

Everything posted by Richard Hotchkiss

  1. Jim, what beautiful work and such a nice gift for the grandchildren. Wishing you many many more years of happy scrolling.
  2. Don, Welcome from Ashland, VA. Grew up just south of Erie, PA and did a lot of fishing in area creeks and Lake Erie in my younger days. You will enjoy scroll sawing and everyone on here is very helpful.
  3. Welcome, from Ashland, VA. Just have fun scrolling and enjoy the hobby. Your Packer logo looks great.
  4. Shaun, welcome from Ashland, VA. Everyone on here is very helpful.
  5. Everything looks great, nice, nice job! Have the frog on my to do list also.
  6. Welcome Nathan from Ashland, Virginia.
  7. Welcome from just north of you in Ashland, VA. Everyone on here is very helpful and enjoy the new saw.
  8. Damian, welcome from Ashland, VA. Everyone on here is very helpful.
  9. Liz, Welcome from Ashland, Virginia. Everyone on here is very helpful and they have a wealth of knowledge. Just ask anything, everyone is willing to help out the all they can.
  10. Ray, hit the nail on the head. Make some saw dust and just have fun!!
  11. Welcome from Ashland, VA. I have a King Industrial saw and have been very pleased with it.
  12. Ok, thanks for the info. I'll keep searching for this particular pattern. Have found other praying hands clock patterns but have not came across this one yet. Thanks again
  13. just wondering where you got the pattern for this praying hands clock? Would like to make a couple of them my self. Thanks, Richard
  14. Everything really looks nice Dan, keep up the great work & congratulations on a good show!
  15. Welcome to the forum from Ashland, VA. Everyone on here is very helpful and friendly.
  16. Barbara, The baskets are pretty easy to do once you make the first one and a good way to practice your techniques with both straight and curved lines. Like others have mentioned Steve Good has many patterns available that really look nice when completed. I cut most of mine out of 3/8" and 1/2" baltic birch and have even done a few out of red oak though they take a bit longer because of going slower but they do turn out nice. Give them a try and I'm sure you will enjoy making them. Also Ray, that is a beautiful basket that you posted, great job! Richard "Poppy's Wood Works"
  17. looks great Pete! I have done the same thing with many of my tools such as the planner, table saw, bandsaws, lathe and scroll saw. Just wheel them outside on the deck and use and then back inside the shop when finished with all the mess staying outside. You did a great job!
  18. A few months back I asked for suggestions on a new scroll saw. Well after much research I finally bit the bullet and purchased the King Industrial 16" scroll saw. I know many would say the 16" model is to small but it works well in my small shop and fits on the same stand perfectly that I had the old saw on. Wow!! what a difference going from my old Ryobi to this new saw. So much smoother, quieter and a joy to use. Thanks again to everyone for the information and suggestions that you all provided.
  19. Robert, a big welcome from Ashland, VA. Everyone here is very willing to help out and offer advice. Enjoy your new saw!
  20. I have the Triton OSS from woodcraft (no belt, just the spindle) and it works very nice. Have had it for years and never any issues with it at all.
  21. Thanks Bob, I'll take a look at this saw also. Still have not made a purchase yet but probably will in the next month. Also where did you purchase your Wen saw from?
  22. Welcome Larry, everyone on this site is friendly, always willing to help and answer your questions. Richard, Ashland, VA
  23. Ok, thanks for the information everyone, was just curious as I had never heard of them. Thanks again Richard
  24. Just watched a video about the Axminster scroll saws and was just wondering if anyone had any knowledge or information about them? They looked a lot like the Pegas saw and even come with the Pegas blade chucks on them.
  25. Just read in one of your responses that you have the King Industrial 16" scroll saw. Am thinking seriously about getting one and was just wondering your thoughts on it and how you liked it?

    Thanks a bunch,

    Richard

    "Poppy's Workshop"

    1. hotshot

      hotshot

      I do like the King which is really, the same as the Old Taiwan made Excalibur.  If you have a few more inches of space to store it, and a few more dollars, I would probably spring for the Pegas which comes with the better clamps, and better table coating (in theory), and supposed to have beefed up a few of the internal components.  Both are still basically coming from the same factory in Taiwan, but I think the Pegas flavor is the current front runner of all the Taiwan EX style saws.

       

    2. Richard Hotchkiss

      Richard Hotchkiss

      Ok, thanks a bunch for the information.  I'll just have to decide but either way will be a big upgrade from my old worn out Ryobi saw.

      Thanks again and have a good weekend.

      Richard

×
×
  • Create New...