"On-Line" Brand Blades?

kmmcrafts

I bought some of them years ago from JGR when I purchased a few of her patterns Like any other blade they have their positives and negatives. I did like the way the #7 Platinum cut through thick wood. Today I stay with Flying Dutchman blades. I can look and see if I have any in my shop and mail them too you. Just not sure what is in there. 

See, I think it's Ike many things - it can be in part what you use first and get used to. I took a class with JGR almost immediately when I got started with the saw almost two years ago which means I started pretty much with the oh line blades as that is what she uses in the shop and classes. What I got use to. I like them. Bought them from her site for home use. Then, I found all you wonderful people here in the  Village. So many recommended Flying Dutchman that I decided to get some and give them a try. I didn't really like them. Presently I don't recall what I didn't like about them as it has been a while since I tried them. Figured, in part, it was probably more me then the blades so figured I would try again at some point.  I have tried a few others recently. For example when I tried the compound cut ornaments I did. Changing  the blade to one without reverse teeth made a tremendous difference there as suggested by several on here. So, as a relative newbie who is not a "technical" type like many of you, I can't give real insight or information on the differences and why I like one or the other but did want to say I like them.

Edited by meflick
typo

Back in the days before I got involved with scroll sawing.. My dad said he used to buy a brand that he couldn't remember.. this would have been late 1980's early 90's.. before the internet... and the store that he bought from stopped selling them and only carried the Olsen blades.. I started sawing in 2006 and went with olsen blades as well.. Used them for a year or so then seen on then seen the postings about Flying Dutchman blades been using them ever since,, well I do still occasionally use a few select Olsen blades.. and then about a year ago I gave the Pegas brand a try.. now I'm hooked on those.. and occasionally use FD or Olsen.. Mainly just so I can remember just how good those Pegas really are, LOL :)