Hello from Minneapolis

Blaughn

I have been semi-lurking on scrollsawvillage since August.  I retired in January and my mind is finally starting to embrace the fact I am retired.  (I know this sounds ridiculous but when you have been working since age 16 (I am 68 now) some folks find it hard to be "unemployed".)

I have been a machine fanatic all my life working my way through college as a machinist and then flying some of the most fantastic machines as a Navy pilot.  After 7 years in the Navy, I worked for several manufacturing companies in executive rolls and finally ran my own small business from 2004 to 2015.  

Now, my shop is almost complete and my brand new Excalibur 21 is getting a workout.  I am intrigued with intarsia and jewelery box making which should keep my grandkids well supplied with keepsakes.

I enjoy the SSvillage and the spirit of helpfulness one finds here.  

Bruce

I have been semi-lurking on scrollsawvillage since August.  I retired in January and my mind is finally starting to embrace the fact I am retired.  (I know this sounds ridiculous but when you have been working since age 16 (I am 68 now) some folks find it hard to be "unemployed".)

I have been a machine fanatic all my life working my way through college as a machinist and then flying some of the most fantastic machines as a Navy pilot.  After 7 years in the Navy, I worked for several manufacturing companies in executive rolls and finally ran my own small business from 2004 to 2015.  

Now, my shop is almost complete and my brand new Excalibur 21 is getting a workout.  I am intrigued with intarsia and jewelery box making which should keep my grandkids well supplied with keepsakes.

I enjoy the SSvillage and the spirit of helpfulness one finds here.  

Bruce

I'm happy you found your niche in life.We'll accommodate your scrolling ,intarsia needs with very helpful suggestions.You get more than you bargained for here in SSV.Glad you found us.You can go back in times ,years if you want all the way to SSV's beginning for helpfull reading of what's been talked about then in each forum.Pages numbers are on the bottom of each page to click on ,ENJOY FRIEND :D

Glad you have come out of lurkdom and joined in here on the village.  A welcome to you from a relative newbie myself (trying to decide when I can remove the newbie moniker  ;)  :lol: ) - Coming from the South - some here still wouldn't call me a Southerner even though I have been here since I was 9 years old (I tell them I got here as fast as I could.)  Look forward to seeing what you are doing with that new workshop and saw.

• 2 weeks later...

A big welcome from Eastern Oregon. I want to first thank you for your service, it sounds like you had an interesting service and probably can tell a lot of fun stories about it too. Nice that you are able to start out with a great saw and shop. Having been a machinist, you are probably a precisioned worker, resulting in some fine pieces of scrolling to share with all of us. Hope you log in often and enjoy posting and replying to others posts. This will result in a lot of new friends that are fun people as well

Dick

heppnerguy