spiral blade chucking...

bricky 62

From my experience ,even the flat end ones arn't but much better ! Another tip I clip the tip to a point w/ dikes ,and rotate a pencil in each hole after drilling ,makes swapping hole 's  a lot easier ,pencil makes a slight slick taper but also black ring left is easy to see tapered tip saves a lot of time especially if your a bottom loader like me !

Hey, I'm with Rob Roy on the spirals. The Flying Dutchman blade is the only one I have ever used. They are great.  Just contact Mikesworkshop.com & pick out the blades you want. Mike even has a starter pack, that he will send you. Mike, I hope I'm not out of line saying that, but, you sure have been good to all of your customers. I think you will be happy with the Flying Dutchman spirals if you choose to order them.  Good Scrolling to you.

I have tried all types of spiral blades and can't do any thing with them. last spring I bought a bunch of blades in with some other

stuff at a auction I have a pack of Olson blades here that has never been opened. My life is too short to mess with them any more

I have been doing all right at the Craft sales with making what I want to make and use old School baldest to start now with mastering spiral blades.

tough blades to get use to and getting correct  tension is everything. I really struggled for along time learning the tricks of using them. Nothing easy about them.

I really avoid them unless I have a pattern that needs them. really intricate patterns they are easier then all the swinging and turning and a few strings of blue words. :oops:

I thought thats what I said ,just some more round the bush ,Yankee talk!! The blade should be tentioned well and only go up and down , I guess your right in a way your the boss as long as you do every part of your job perfectly, any err's, the blade becomes the boss and will instantly show you the err of you ways ! The Blade ,always DOES it's job exactly the same way every time !

Edited by Multifasited