new saw........?

Jason

Well I found an 21" Excalibur 2 hrs from my house for $400. The gentleman claims his father used it for about a month before he passed away. My question is, is it worth it? I know its a good deal,but I have a saw and am not sure if it is that big of an upgrade. I have a Delta Q-3 with the carbon fiber arm. I was reading online and it said that the C type arm is of the poorest cutting saw,but described them as lower pivoting. My saw is rear center pivoting and I have had a lot of success. My saw was new in 1995 and has 3½ years of use on it. Any opinion? Need help!

post-23758-0-33349500-1417560315_thumb.gif

Edited by Jason

so that's what a q 3 looks like.i've had one look a like and now have another .Best bearings on any scroll saw i;'ve seen 1/4" roller bearings, The truest running straight up and down blade i've ever watched!My circuit board destructed from a faulty foot switch on the first one.I put grease fittings on the first one and it would have lasted forever! the silver disc's on the side are where i put grease zerk fittings to keep gease packed in the roller bearings.post-1607-0-06304500-1417572489_thumb.jpg

Edited by amazingkevin

That's what I'm worried about kevin. That I don't know how good I have it now and buying this Excalibur will be just as good and not an improvement. I cut almost exclusively with FD superior puzzle blades and have no problems with vibration or 90° angle cuts.further more hearing about all the blade clamping issues is giving me cold feet.