I am going to make a post in English

heppnerguy

Here are four pieces that i had as an order following my clock post. I am caught up in my shop for awhile, i believe. I never know what will get me an order, but these worked this time. I got $140 for these. More wood and supplies are just around the corner. How does the pricing line up with what some of you would charge for these same cuts ?  Just curious as to where I am compared to some others of you. It seems that there are a lot of inquiries as to what to sell your pieces for.  Am I higher or lower than what you would charge for the 4 items ? The price includes 2 of the 'brave soldier' pieces.

Dick

heppnerguy

post-2238-0-27178500-1424557983_thumb.png

post-2238-0-69473300-1424558026_thumb.png

post-2238-0-79485300-1424558125_thumb.png

post-2238-0-97801000-1424558192_thumb.png

Hey Dick,

First off thanks for posting in English.....

My two cents worth.     The first one I would charge $ 35.00 to 40.00 for.  There was a lot of work just in the stars....... There is alot of time in that piece.

The next one  (some gave all)  $ 30 to 35.00 

The last two pieces $ 25.00 to $ 30.00 each.

All of the pieces are very nicely done.  and thank you for sharing. This theme is well received anywhere you go.  We all owe alot

to our vets.  

Have a blessed day

Jack

Oh,I like to add one more comment on this piece I just finished up today.What kind of price would you put on this.The frame was free,it was giving to me,what do you think out there ?attachicon.gifDSC03109.JPG

I don't know about others as everyone prices differently. I was just trying to get some honest replies to compare with.. It looks like most so far agree with what I am charging. i do not do craft shows so I am unaware what others get for their work. For all the work in your piece and the frame counts for something, even if it was free. so If someone asked me how much I would charge to make your piece, even without the frame, I would have to ask about $85 to $100. This will take some time to do and is quite detailed. I also think that I would not cut it twice because of all the effort involved to cut it. I asked $3oo for the clock I posted a couple of days ago. So that is my answer to your question,.

Nicely done piece, by the way. Very challenging.. 

Dick

heppnerguy

Oh,I like to add one more comment on this piece I just finished up today.What kind of price would you put on this.The frame was free,it was giving to me,what do you think out there ?attachicon.gifDSC03109.JPG

Terrylee, I'm sorry to say this, but, personally I wouldn't be offering this for sale as one of my projects. You've done an exemplary job of bringing this pattern to life, but, you framing skills have lowered the value of the project. The cutting and the frame look more than all right, but, the quarter round border has not been cut and placed properly. If you could cut and match the corners of the quarter round better, then I think you should be able to get top dollar, but if you can't get a better match up on the corners, then you will only get about half of what it's actually worth. If you fix what I've mentioned, I'd think that you could get $35-$40 dollars for it. One other thing I'd like to mention to you, just because you get the frame for free, that doesn't mean that you have to give it away. 

Len

I don't know about others as everyone prices differently. I was just trying to get some honest replies to compare with.. It looks like most so far agree with what I am charging. i do not do craft shows so I am unaware what others get for their work. For all the work in your piece and the frame counts for something, even if it was free. so If someone asked me how much I would charge to make your piece, even without the frame, I would have to ask about $85 to $100. This will take some time to do and is quite detailed. I also think that I would not cut it twice because of all the effort involved to cut it. I asked $3oo for the clock I posted a couple of days ago. So that is my answer to your question,.

Nicely done piece, by the way. Very challenging.. 

Dick

heppnerguy

Dick, at $85-$100 you'd definitely be pricing your goods beyond range of what people will actually pay. For pieces like this that has so many cuts to it, I generally stack cut them. By doing so, you've only got the amount of time it takes to cut one out invested in the project. But, you have three or four copies to sell if stack cut. So, by doing the stack cutting, you don't need to charge as much money for one because you have three or four of them to sell. 

Len

I agree with what you say, Len.  I would not pick it as an item that I really would like to cut because of all the time involved. And I would stack cut it because I it would make it easier to cut. but I would not lower my price for someone just because I have two cut with the effort involved in cutting it. If I was doing it to sell at a craft show, then I would take that into consideration., but when I am doing a cutting as per a request, i feel I should get what I think is worth my effort to do. If the customer does not want to pay my price then it is OK with me. Besides if I lower the price to say $45, then I might just have the second one sitting around collecting dust and I would probably end up giving it to someone because it is taking up space in my shop. So with that in mind, I would not sell it for less than  $85 minimum. I definitely would not quote $45 to cut it. I only sell my things because people come to me and ask me for them. If they don't  want something I make for what I ask, then so be it. I do not do craft shows because I am not interested in having things lay around. So I do appreciate your take on my answer and it does not offend me in the least, i am just telling you how I feel about things.

Dick

heppnerguy 

I would put that in the $50-$60 range. It would depend on the venue and the perception of potential customers, are they expecting high end goods or are they looking for flea market prices.