What's on your saw?

Travis

Travis:

Right now I am working on a Pattern by Steve Good "Pill Plaque" That he came up with. The ol lady wanted it Scrolled out so she could sent it to her Sister in kentucky, cause she basically uses Pills to get happy... Of course they are Subscribed Bills by the Dr. but still.

I will post some pictures once it's done, It's being Cut out of 1/2" Baltic Birch.

Handi

Well on my saw right now is a gun cleaning station. I got a new 12 gauge for Christmas and I Thought it would be nice to have a stand to set it in to clean it.

Jesse

Jesse

Not supposed to be a table for a Gun LOL, unless you are Scolling out a Gun Stock lol

just finished cutting out 2 bows for psalteries. :)

here's a pic of my latest psaltery...i scrolled the sound hole.

psaltery014.jpg

That's Really Sweet looking.

You build the Whole Thing? or just scroll out the stuff?

i've made about 25 bowed psalteries from scratch...but only a handful since i've had the scroll saw to do the sound holes. :lol:

just a part-time hobby...as is scrolling ;)

After seeing what you have just posted, I am sorry to say that I have only finished the Sunset Elk for my SO's Christmas present, and the Christmas Card holder from Scroll Saw Magazine.....sigh......

I wanna see it! Especially the elk. I really enjoy wildlife projects. Take a couple pix for your user album and show off a little! We'd love to see it.

Travis, I have posted some pictures in my album. I have to take pictures of the elk that I just finished. Being a Montanan you know how we revere elk! I love to do up animal cuttings. I also did a moose candle holder, and a sleigh drawn by two horses, and many other things as well.

I'm fairly new at sawing, having received my DeWalt for my birthday present (LATE I might add) not in February, but actually in March. I love my saw and use it frequently. I did take a sabattical off for the summer as I was working on a castle that is now ready to send off to Hawaii. Oh yes, my main thing is miniatures, where I make miniature porcelain dolls, furniture and of course dollhouses, roomboxes and displays. My saw has helped me with all that I might add!

:lol:

I'm cutting out dinosaurs for my 3 year old grandson. I cut him two standup dinosaur puzzle's for Christmas but he He played with them likea awalkingdiansaur noises and all.Then he looked up at me and asked if I could make him some dinosaurs that wouldn't come apart when he played with them? I don't think he like the dinosaur puzzles right now.Maybe he will when he gets alittle older.The stand puzzles are only 3 to 5 pieces. I cut them out of 3/4in oak cabinet plywood and i also painted them. I will post pictures in a album when i get one set up on here.

This is the second time I have cut the Sunrise Elk. I love this elk! It is in my gallery, as I posted it just a little bit ago!

thumb_Sunrise_Elk_-_Best.jpg

I really like that elk. Was that pattern from a magazine? I really like the wood. Oak I assume? How thick? I have 1/8" oak ply laying around. It cuts OK for smaller projects. But I wouldn't mind picking some 1/4" up.

Good job on the cutting. I also like your photo setup. Very nice pictures!

Wow that is a beautiful psaltery Lori! Some day when I'm much much older lolol........I hope to build a couple guitars. An acoustic electric for my hubby and a bass for my best friend who is a professional musician. I did a mountain scene painting on his bass a few years ago...........now I'd love to make the whole thing!

Right now, on my saw is a project I've been trying to do since Thanksgiving! I created a pattern of my mom and her dog, Little Man, and I've been trying to get it made into a photo album for her. But I got pnuemonia and then the flu on top of that............leave it to me.........and it just never has gotten done yet. Hopefully soon.

I just finished Steve Good's Eagle Clock...........my second one of these. The first was for my hubby and now he wants to give one to a friend at work. So...

But I have so many things ready to cut. I just haven't had a chance to do them all yet.

Christina

LOL Gray, I'm sure they love them or they wouldn't ask for them. I don't happen to live near my family and I'm disabled and don't get around much so I really don't have any friends either............except online. I live waaaaay out in the boonies! If my mom were around close I would never get to give anything to anyone except her.............it's always been that way. Everytime I make and afghan she ends up with it some how or another. lolol.

Christina

My elderly Mother gave me three oddly shaped wood blanks - no idea what type wood it is. They were given to her when she was little - she does not recall why or for what purpose. She gave them to me to make something with. My first attempt with the wood was the Mary and Joseph piece (see Gallery). A piece of that wood was used for the base. It had a nice roundness to it that made it nice to work with. But the next piece is really weirdly shaped, I just started working with it...We'll see. It's a shot in the dark.

My elderly Mother gave me three oddly shaped wood blanks - no idea what type wood it is. They were given to her when she was little - she does not recall why or for what purpose. She gave them to me to make something with. My first attempt with the wood was the Mary and Joseph piece (see Gallery). A piece of that wood was used for the base. It had a nice roundness to it that made it nice to work with. But the next piece is really weirdly shaped, I just started working with it...We'll see. It's a shot in the dark.

make it up as you go and pretend thats what you had in mind the whole time. thats what i do. but then again, i make a lot of firewood :lol: