Not big but will do the job

grampa

This looks good, I might have to get one at some point! Looks great for doing rough cuts on bigger pieces to get it down to pattern size. I've mostly been using the jigsaw for that because it's around and handy....but that's not ideal. The full size circular saw and table saw just seem like a pain to have to use for most scroll saw projects. At least with my current setup.

My experiences with 4" blades is not good,My Ryobe  wood floor saw eats them up like crazy.I think there's sand in the wood because i see sparks coming out from the cuts,maybe to make the wood water proof? and then my Ryobe skill saw eats up the blades even faster just cutting plywood,i've heard it said that plywood is a very dirty wood with the makings of its insides,and the my ryobe 4 " grinder with a saw blade on gets little mileage to.Now i've had the Dewalt 14.4 version of all these and the same is true.Good luck on your cuttings with it.Let us know how it does after a sheet of plywood has been cut to size.Wished i'd have saved all those blades as i bought the harbor freight saw blade sharpener now.It used a tile saw blade to sharpen the carbide blade teeth. :)

Congrats on your new saw!

In my experience the most important part of a circular saw is the blade. I still remember when I moved from a HSS blade to a carbide tipped one and an even greater improvement with a thin kerf blade. Obviously you need a jig to make straight cuts and maybe a zero clearance attachment if you cut a lot of pw. After you had it a while you should give us some feedback.

And remember to work safely.

Don't have enough room for a table saw and I don't cut any thick material so I got this I think that it will do what I want when I have made a few jigs for it.......Paul

Hey Paul you'll have great fun with that piece of kit. You'll be surprised what you can do with it. I had a BOSCH version of one when I was in the trade and cut all sorts with it. I think it would be around 20 years old before we parted company, I think it was worked to death. Enjoy your NEW TOY. Take care

Rob Roy.

PS make sure you get good quality blades, :D  :D

Hi Marg, it only cuts 27 mm but it's good enough for what I will use it for.......Paul

Thanks Paul, it looks like something I could do with.  I will check them out the next time we're in the hardware shop.

Marg

• 4 weeks later...

Nice little saw.  Hope it works well for you.  I have a Porter Cable cordless that does a pretty good job and a Bosch corded jigsaw that is good.  I use them both with a super long straight edge.  Kind of a pain sometimes but if you don't have space you do what you gotta do.  Also have a old Ryobi BT3000 that isn't used just because of space and it is buried with stuff all over it.  For what I need to cut I'm considering getting rid of the table saw.