A really exciting happened to me today

heppnerguy

We have a small town about twenty miles from where we live and they have a volleyball team that won their district championship and were headed for a chance to win the state title. I designed a plaque that announced their winning state, should it actually happen. I was charging $25 per plaque. It turns out the team lost in the first round for the state championship, but four years ago they won state title as well as they also did not lose a single game all season. A woman text me and ask if I could make a couple of these plaques I was offering but with 2011 on them, instead. Of course I did that for her. Today she came a

To our house and picked them up. I had never met this woman before today. The exciting pRt was before she left she was looking at some of my work on our home walls and when she saw the eagle I handmade for my wife last year, she said," I have to have one of these for a Christmas present. I told her it was my most expensive piece that I currently sell and told her my prose is $200. (Which is true' of course). Without batting an eye, she said, "perfect, call me when you have it finished"

Dick

heppnerguy

Dick,

Don't you just love it when you quote a price to someone and the next thing they say is ok and how quick can i get it. I have several people doing that to me every year. I just finished an item for a couple and when the picked it up they ordered 4 more items and told me they don't care about the cost, just to let them know when they are done.

We have a small town about twenty miles from where we live and they have a volleyball team that won their district championship and were headed for a chance to win the state title. I designed a plaque that announced their winning state, should it actually happen. I was charging $25 per plaque. It turns out the team lost in the first round for the state championship, but four years ago they won state title as well as they also did not lose a single game all season. A woman text me and ask if I could make a couple of these plaques I was offering but with 2011 on them, instead. Of course I did that for her. Today she came a

To our house and picked them up. I had never met this woman before today. The exciting pRt was before she left she was looking at some of my work on our home walls and when she saw the eagle I handmade for my wife last year, she said," I have to have one of these for a Christmas present. I told her it was my most expensive piece that I currently sell and told her my prose is $200. (Which is true' of course). Without batting an eye, she said, "perfect, call me when you have it finished"

Dick

heppnerguy

It's that one in a million that makes it all worth while :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

As most of you know by now, I am  not a craft show person because I really am not into scrolling to make money. I do wish to take in about $150 a month so my hobby is self supporting. I have my Facebook page and occasionally i put something on our local classifieds, also on Facebook. I do have my 'regulars' who fill most of my income needs, Every now and then I give things away and they often end up bringing me some sales. I try to keep a low key this time of the year because I am so busy with family Christmas presents, This month, so far I have done $450 in November. So I am good thru the end of the year and no making things I don't have a place and person for. That means I am able to enjoy cutting without regards to transporting things in hopes of maybe selling.. Everyone has Their way to make the crafts work for them, this just happens to be mine, I love seeing the photos of peoples booths at the craft sales and i enjoy going to them too. Just don't want to be a participant.

Dick

heppnerguy