3 Saws

Dan

My son picked up 3 used Craftsman scroll saws yesterday. All of them have something wrong but all have different problems but they were free. He asked me to look at them and see if we could make at least one good one. I replaced the switch on one this morning and now the motor works. The linkage for the lower arm is missing so I think we can have one good one. I will have me son work with me on this as he should learn a little about the saw. If we get another one working I may buy it from him for a backup saw. 

My son picked up 3 used Craftsman scroll saws yesterday. All of them have something wrong but all have different problems but they were free. He asked me to look at them and see if we could make at least one good one. I replaced the switch on one this morning and now the motor works. The linkage for the lower arm is missing so I think we can have one good one. I will have me son work with me on this as he should learn a little about the saw. If we get another one working I may buy it from him for a backup saw. 

Pig in a poke,lol Much easyier to work on those than a dewalt!

We got one saw to work but it petered out whike cutting some 1/4 inch ply. Probably the motor controller. It's not worth the money to fix so we may save it for parts. We took one out of the box and reconnected the covers and it seems to work fine. My guess is it won't last long. But at least he has one to play with for a while. All of them are covers with rust so I showed him how to clean it.