Hello,

I'm from Missouri.  I have been doing scroll saw and fret work since I was about 7 years old.  My grandpa taught me in his wood shop on weekends and in the summers.  Everything we did came from patterns he acquired as a young boy.  They came from Schroeter Bros. Hardware Co, St. Louis, MO.  Up until almost a year ago I had the original catalog and every pattern they offered at the time (about 1910).  I stumbled across this site while searching for a way to replace the patterns because I lost everything when my home burned.  The patterns were everything from simple silhouettes to intricate jewelry boxes, and even a 36" high cathedral clock.   I managed to salvage parts of some patterns and a few partial pages from the original catalog.  I would LOVE LOVE LOVE if someone could direct me to where I could find and purchase all of them again.  However, if that is not an option, if anyone would be interested in (or could refer me to) someone who would be able and willing to take on the daunting task of recreating the patterns from photos and the pieces I have salvaged that would be great as well.  I do not have a single artistic bone in my body when it comes to drawing.  I would be more than willing to pay someone.  I just want to be able to pass on what I was taught to my son and grandchildren in the future. 

I have attached photos of 2 of the completed pieces.

Thank you in advance for any help.

Vikki

post-29053-0-20369900-1453551820_thumb.jpeg

post-29053-0-95464500-1453551822_thumb.jpeg

Hi, Vikki!  Welcome to the village.  I think you will enjoy it here.  As for the patterns, maybe you could contact Pedro.  He lives in Spain and does the pattern restore or enhance thing, on the computer.  Check his free patterns here.

http://www.finescrollsaw.com/freepatterns.htm

I have bought several of his patterns and had several email conversations with him.  A very nice and helpful gentleman to deal with.  Might be worth a try to email him.

Edited by Scrappile

Paul,

Thank you for the lead.  I will contact Pedro today.

Larry,

I haven't had time to go through and separate / organize the patterns and photos I have yet.  I'm a bit OCD so it took about 4 months to go through the debris to find any photos, patterns, etc.  I preserved everything in the freezer between layers of wax paper as best I could, but there are still several pieces that I will need to carefully thaw, soak apart, then dry before scanning to digital.  The two attached pictures are cropped from photos a friend of mine had taken during the holidays.  I had several hundred patterns so it will be like trying to put together several jigsaw puzzles that have been mixed together.  Fortunately, I have some of the completed pieces we had given to family members throughout the years available to use as a visual reference.

In reading the rules, etc. for the site I noticed we can't post patterns unless they are our own designs even if we give credit to the original designer.  I'm curious how that applies to cases such as this where the company has been out of business for nearly a century. 

Or maybe I should post some in hopes that a company owner contacts me so I can access the others through them :evil:  It could save me a LOT of time.    LOL Just kidding.

Anyway, thank you for welcoming me to the group.  It will be nice to chat with people who share the same interest.

Hello,

I'm from Missouri.  I have been doing scroll saw and fret work since I was about 7 years old.  My grandpa taught me in his wood shop on weekends and in the summers.  Everything we did came from patterns he acquired as a young boy.  They came from Schroeter Bros. Hardware Co, St. Louis, MO.  Up until almost a year ago I had the original catalog and every pattern they offered at the time (about 1910).  I stumbled across this site while searching for a way to replace the patterns because I lost everything when my home burned.  The patterns were everything from simple silhouettes to intricate jewelry boxes, and even a 36" high cathedral clock.   I managed to salvage parts of some patterns and a few partial pages from the original catalog.  I would LOVE LOVE LOVE if someone could direct me to where I could find and purchase all of them again.  However, if that is not an option, if anyone would be interested in (or could refer me to) someone who would be able and willing to take on the daunting task of recreating the patterns from photos and the pieces I have salvaged that would be great as well.  I do not have a single artistic bone in my body when it comes to drawing.  I would be more than willing to pay someone.  I just want to be able to pass on what I was taught to my son and grandchildren in the future. 

I have attached photos of 2 of the completed pieces.

Thank you in advance for any help.

Vikki

Welcome vikki,i 've lost so much from water myself,Losing patterns hurts i know.

Welcome to the village. You will find this a place you will be wanting to hang out in, after a short time of visiting here and posting responses of your own. I know we would all love to see any photos that you may have of your previous work. The sight that Paul suggested has a lot of really old patterns that you may find to your liking as well..Hope to see you around here often

Dick

heppnerguy