Hallo from Izhevsk

leshko

I greet the respected community of the Village. My name is Alexei Morozov, I'm from Izhevsk city, Russia. I am scrollsawer since 2013. The most interesting for me is the creation of puzzles. Unfortunately, not always enough time for hobbies and new works are rare. Little by little I will show their works for last years.
Among my other interests are downshifting and gardening.

I greet the respected community of the Village. My name is Alexei Morozov, I'm from Izhevsk city, Russia. I am scrollsawer since 2013. The most interesting for me is the creation of puzzles. Unfortunately, not always enough time for hobbies and new works are rare. Little by little I will show their works for last years.

Among my other interests are downshifting and gardening.

You'll fit right in friend,Welcome aboard,Make yourself at home!We'd love tolearn from you if you don't mind sharing.That's what we do best!Keep coming back!

I am grateful for the  friendly warm welcome! I'll start with my latest puzzle and will continue to alternate between new and old ones.

PS. My English is not perfect, so I'm sorry for any mistakes. Feel free to correct me, it will help reduce their numbers. Although, I assume, a silly typos will still be!

Alexey,

I too wish to welcome you to our world wide family of scrollers. I believe that you may be our first person to join us from Russia. I hope that you continue to log on here often and help us all toget to know you better and at the same time you will become familiar with all of us too. Your work is very nicely done and wonderful to view. I hope to see even more of your work in the future.

Dick

heppnerguy

Good!

I write very slowly to check for possible errors in the responses are time consuming and not always I am able to respond immediately. But I hope to continue to participate in the forum and perhaps introduce you to the fact that hardly show di media. On the other hand I am interested in the lives of ordinary people in America and other countries, but I do not care about Wall Street and skyscrapers.

I am particularly pleased to see the people who have lived a long life and they can now freely engage in their favorite art. My grandfather lived a long life and almost until the age of 80 years (as long as it allowed health), continued to create different things: chests, wooden shovel for snow removal, he repaired furniture and shoes. He did not do it for earning couple cents, but for that would benefit and joy to people.

Hi Alexey!  Glad you arrived to this forum. Hope to see you back again and again. I have always admired your work - skillfully done and beautiful. You are a great addition here!

Can you please explain "downshifting"?

Here in the USA downshifting means going from 4th gear to 3rd gear or from 3 rd gear to 2nd gear etc in a manual transmission automobile. It has to mean something else in Russian :)

Welcome aboard.

Regards,

Brian

Can you please explain "downshifting"? ... 

It has to mean something else in Russian  :)

This term has come to us from the west, and is written in Russian exactly as it sounds in English. It means social movement. Its meaning is something like this:

The radical change of career, giving up large revenues and luxury goods. Successful managers throw its full of stress and time pressure work for the sake of calm and unhurried life somewhere in the rural backwoods. 

For example, German Sterligov - successful Russian businessman and billionaire, owner of many enterprises. He left his old business a few years ago, and then founded the farm where he grows on organic products.  In America and other countries a lot of the environmental settlements and estates.

Edited by leshko

It's very simple.

I want to do things that I like and be with his family. Now I get up at 6 am and going from one end of town to the other, where the company is headquartered in which I work. Evening meals back. If I'm lucky that during the day I will lose 2 hours on the road and spend 8.5 hours in the office. And if the road will jam? Free time will be very little.

The second point - the quality of life. Now the terrible food. In Soviet times, we had a healthy meal, and now repugnant to us driven products from Europe and Asia. They are stored for a long time and look beautiful. But they are not edible - in this food has no taste and health benefits. Unfortunately, in recent years in Russia brought many kinds of seeds and livestock, which are devoid of natural properties. Often this genetically modified organisms, which do not have a predictable effect on human health.

It is very good that the sanctions have been imposed against Russia. We are pleased that the flow of food from the West greatly reduced. It will revive our agriculture. So that I think is very important to grow food for themselves and spend a lot of time with my wife and children in our own land. And sometimes out of boredom can be a bit of work for some variety.I have a piece of land of about 3 acres, on which I will build homestead for my family. Now I prepare documentation. It's a long time ...

Among Americans, I can say the name Justus Walker. He is a very popular person in Russia, famous as "Happy Milkman". He moved to Siberia and set up his farm.

As for sanctions, the only trouble for me was this: I would like a few years ago to buy a good scrollsaw, DeWalt or Excalibur. Then I waited for Black Friday, but the ruble has fallen dramatically against  dollar. But now my payment for an apartment in the mortgage bought was decreased relatively, remaining at the old amount. But my salary increases! So I can shell make new scrollsaw to myself, ordering laser cutting pieces of sheet metal, similar like  to Hawk. It is so easy for designer!

Edited by leshko