Hooked On Fishing

Denny Knappen

There are many fishing tournaments here in Dayton, TN, so I thought this would make a great addition to my display at ArtCrafters.  It is a Steve Good pattern made with 1/4" Maple plywood and backed with 1/2" Walnut.  I used  FD UR #1 for all the cuts.  It measures approximately 6" x 10 1/2".  I used 50% BLO / Mineral Spirits with a final coat of Shellac.  A fairly easy cut with a very nice pattern.  Comments welcome.

post-29198-0-01440200-1461083841_thumb.jpg

There are many fishing tournaments here in Dayton, TN, so I thought this would make a great addition to my display at ArtCrafters.  It is a Steve Good pattern made with 1/4" Maple plywood and backed with 1/2" Walnut.  I used  FD UR #1 for all the cuts.  It measures approximately 6" x 10 1/2".  I used 50% BLO / Mineral Spirits with a final coat of Shellac.  A fairly easy cut with a very nice pattern.  Comments welcome.

I've never thought about making one in 1/4" wood and having a thicker backer .Yours turned out great like that .Keep up the great work!