French summer (jigsaw puzzle)

leshko

Thank you,  woodduck!

I have question what glue do you use to stick the picture down?

Roly, I use a spray adhesive from 3M â„–77.

How did you come up with this idea?  Where do you get the patterns for the figures from, do you just Google them?

Hallo Marg!

Ideas are born long and hard. First I look at the picture, afterwards some ideas that relate to this are come to me . From these thoughts creates a plot of the puzzle, sometimes it is almost a story in pictures or a wish. Sometimes ideas come immediately, sometimes not. So, I am pondering puzzle, I'm working on now, with the new year, and in May I started to cut. Sometimes the idea comes at once, then quickly finds subjects for the figures.

I use images from various sources:

-I draw  by pencil ,

- Describes the main lines of the photos,

- Google's use of the same (in this puzzle)

Here for example, in the 1 and 2 photo I I've used image of my clients cats  in the details of the puzzle, then - the frame of the movie is also turned into a pattern. The last is my own pencil drawing:

post-2906-0-70763600-1463559116_thumb.jpg

post-2906-0-98727100-1463559125_thumb.jpg

post-2906-0-74392000-1463559397_thumb.jpg

post-2906-0-93889500-1463559671_thumb.jpg

Edited by leshko

I keep a retrospective of my work. This puzzle was made in March 2013.

There has been used a poster with a picture of the French impressionist painter Jean Marc Janiaczyk.

254 items, including 27 figurals;

size 11.8 * 7.4 "

Amazing incite into your work! Absolutely a creation of it's own.Your ideas never seas to amaze me.Top job,keep them coming!

Many thanks!  :) 

Do you spray poly or something on the picture before you cut it?

This happens in different ways. Pictures from a calendar, I always covered with transparent acrylic matte spray varnish. There's a relatively loose paper, it is necessary to the hardening by varnish. I glued my patterns of figurals by scoth tape or 3M spray adhesive. When I delete patterns then unreinforced top layer of paper could peel off.
Also, there are problems with large sheets, printed on a printer in the print compartment. There are not used to water resistant inks, which can sometimes be blurred by wet hands. There I also use a lacquer. The best thing about my job is photographic paper for digital printing, usually its size is no more than 12 x 16 ". But it is strong to delamination or sweaty fingers. It is easy for me to remove the remnants of spray adhesive or scoth tape from paper surface by using a swab with gasoline-solvent (White Spirit) without damage to the paint.

Hallo Marg!

Ideas are born long and hard. First I look at the picture, afterwards some ideas that relate to this are come to me . From these thoughts creates a plot of the puzzle, sometimes it is almost a story in pictures or a wish. Sometimes ideas come immediately, sometimes not. So, I am pondering puzzle, I'm working on now, with the new year, and in May I started to cut. Sometimes the idea comes at once, then quickly finds subjects for the figures.

I use images from various sources:

-I draw  by pencil ,

- Describes the main lines of the photos,

- Google's use of the same (in this puzzle)

Here for example, in the 1 and 2 photo I I've used image of my clients cats  in the details of the puzzle, then - the frame of the movie is also turned into a pattern. The last is my own pencil drawing:

Thank you for the explanations very much appreciated.

Marg