Family Time

cynbone

Creative Woodworks April '05 Pattern by Jeff Zaffino.  This guy makes no easy patterns but I can't help myself.  I think I learned more during this project than any other that I have done like what area to cut before another and even in which direction to cut  an area in order to preserve another.  This kicked my ass.  I'm done for awhile.

post-24353-0-83881300-1465000634_thumb.jpg

Your a master at these high detail projects!Self satisfaction is one factor but it's a crowd pleaser in a second.So delicate i'm sure the risk of threading each and every hole got worse and worse the more you got into  this project.Yes a long well deserved break is in order,you made the grade! ;):thumbs:  :thumbs: :thumbs:  :thumbs:  :thumbs:  :thumbs:  :thumbs:  :thumbs:  ;) 

Outstanding work on a great pattern.  I got the opportunity to meet and sit in on a presentation by Jeff several years ago in Branson at the scroll saw picnic there.  He is an interesting person and fantastic pattern maker.

WOW you were in Branson also for that Scroll saw picnic.  Was one of the first one's we went to.  Had a great time and learned a lot at it.  Glad so see you still playing around and scrolling.

jim

penquin

Fantastic job on that. There are some real delicate areas on that one, especially the grass. No coffee while cutting something like this. I always loved Jeff's patterns and looked forward to any issue he had one in as well as new patterns on his website. It is a shame we no longer have his talent.

Barry

Great job!  Very well done.  I wish the gentleman was still making patterns.  I understand why he is not, but he was a very talented pattern maker. 

Hey Paul..You have me curious about why Jeff Z doesn't make patterns anymore.  Does he scroll anymore or just quit the hobby altogether?