Intarsia Cross

vykus

Here is my most recent accomplishment. I am starting to really love intarsia. I originally bought my scroll saw to help with my carving by cutting out waste wood before the carving began, but soon found so many other cool things to do with it. This cross is made out of walnut and I think red cedar and finished with shellac. It turned out so well. I posted it on my facebook account last night and it sold within an hour. I was surprised. I put out that I would make more of them if anyone was interested, we will have to wait and find if anyone bites. It is an original design that I made a long time ago based on something else that I saw online and I really wish I still had the photo that inspired it. I hope you all like it.   

post-18630-0-56072100-1466359236_thumb.jpg

post-18630-0-85670400-1466359264_thumb.jpg

post-18630-0-34691000-1466359342_thumb.jpg

post-18630-0-39222600-1466359578_thumb.jpg

post-18630-0-92733500-1466359813_thumb.jpg

I think IKE made one of these two,You might want to contact him for any info he might have on the picture your looking for,but i could be mistaken too.It sure looks familiar.Nice of you to you to show some works in progress for us.A pictures worth a thousand words always.Good job .That quickmsale certainly will inspire you to make more!

Pricing is a difficult subject but I would encourage you to not undersell yourself.  You are a craftsman and have produced a high quality item through your skill and attention to detail.  Whoever buys that will have something to cherish that can be passed down through the generations, not a mass produced or laser cut throw away. 

Rob

• 3 years later...