Spiral bowl

Phantom Scroller

This bowl is 1/4" ply 6"dia 3" high now I can't decide whether to varnish it or paint it and what colour it should be umm decisions decisions. Roly 

Got the pattern off Pinterest searched scroll saw bowls so can't say who the designer was but I thanks them.

post-2228-0-02798900-1472974953_thumb.jpg

post-2228-0-08545400-1472974954_thumb.jpg

Hi Roly,

I would need years of tutoring to get my IQ high enough to be The Village Idiot.  On your finished product, BELOW the top, wide layer, is 2/3 of a circle.  There the same piece turns a corner and starts another 2/3 of a circle.  After that, I am so confused that I forget my own name.

The pattern looks ridiculously simple, but it's over my head.  I think I will lay down now and take a nap.

jerry

Hi Roly,

I would need years of tutoring to get my IQ high enough to be The Village Idiot.  On your finished product, BELOW the top, wide layer, is 2/3 of a circle.  There the same piece turns a corner and starts another 2/3 of a circle.  After that, I am so confused that I forget my own name.

The pattern looks ridiculously simple, but it's over my head.  I think I will lay down now and take a nap.

jerry

Believe me Jerry they're easy to make it's like all the other cut at 90deg you just turn each piece making sure you have something to glue to. I just offer it up first to see where on the circle I can put glue onto and glue the back of the piece I'm putting down and then the next until your at the top and I turn it upside down and place a heavy wooden block on top until dry. THE END. Roly.

PS: Hold down each piece as you go and wipe excess glue off.

Edited by Phantom Scroller