Gooday All

Jim Doyle

Hi, my name is Jim Doyle, I live in Wangaratta In Australia. I am about to turn 72 this may and have been interested in woodwork most of my adult years. I have been the President of the Wangaratta Woodworkers Inc. for the past 5 years, we have 64 members mostly retired although our youngest member is only 16.

I took up scrolling about 10 year ago when I bought the poorest excuse for a scroll-saw that turned me completely off trying. I now have a Tru Pro with Hegner blade clamps, this might not be the most expensive machine but it rates high in performance and has got me as enthused as I was when I started.

I am looking forward to meeting you all through this forum.

...I took up scrolling about 10 year ago when I bought the poorest excuse for a scroll-saw that turned me completely off trying...

Welcome Jim. We're glad to have you on board! I remember my dad bought a scroll saw when I was young. Maybe when I was 12 or so. It was awful. It was loud and vibrated so bad it would dance off the workbench! Completely turned me off of scrolling. Then 20 some years later, I buy a decent scroll saw and now I'm hooked. In fact, I got my dad hooked too! A decent saw makes all the difference in the world!

Anyway, welcome to the site. Blame is right. A lot of talented folks here. Plus they're super friendly! Its a win-win situation. I look forward to seeing you on the forum and seeing some of your work! :cool:

Hi and welcome Jim.............I'm so glad you joined us. This is a really great place filled with wonderful folks and lots of great talent too. Thanks so much for introducing yourself.............it's great to meet new friends! I look forward to getting to know you better. As a new scroller myself I really look forward to meeting experienced scrollers............I bet you could share some of your experience with us and I hope you will share some of your work with us too. We love to see the goodies.

Christina