worbler

Here are a few others I have cut over the years. These ones were local show entries. The Eagle was the first one I ever done, it's made from 7mm ply and stained. The Draught Horse is also ply and stain. Both are backed with some fancy material that I can't think the name of, it kind of shimmers in the light. The Tiger is the same as the other two, ply and stain/paint. It is backed with printed material. I wanted something jungle like and this was the best I could get. It makes the image stand right out.

For some reason I have strayed away from this type of work and moved towards fretwork. I might have to go back to it one of these days.

post-30864-0-36760200-1484435564_thumb.jpg

post-30864-0-98483700-1484435626_thumb.jpg

post-30864-0-08263300-1484435800_thumb.jpg

Segmentation is easier than intarsia as all cuts match perfectly without sanding you fingers to the bone. However, you seem to be a master with the stains and your work ends up very impressive indeed. You are starting to make me think about doing some segmentation too.  I love all your pieces a lot. Very nice, indeed

Dick

heppnerguy

Here are a few others I have cut over the years. These ones were local show entries. The Eagle was the first one I ever done, it's made from 7mm ply and stained. The Draught Horse is also ply and stain. Both are backed with some fancy material that I can't think the name of, it kind of shimmers in the light. The Tiger is the same as the other two, ply and stain/paint. It is backed with printed material. I wanted something jungle like and this was the best I could get. It makes the image stand right out.

For some reason I have strayed away from this type of work and moved towards fretwork. I might have to go back to it one of these days.

Perfect work.Yes your the master segmentationist!