Toronto

Not sure if this is the correct place to ask this question, but what the heck.  I will be in Toronto in May and will have time to browse around.  In particular I am wondering if there is a good store to pick up thin woods? Hobby store, lumber yard, etc.  Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Google thin wood suppliers in Toronto

Not sure if this is the correct place to ask this question, but what the heck.  I will be in Toronto in May and will have time to browse around.  In particular I am wondering if there is a good store to pick up thin woods? Hobby store, lumber yard, etc.  Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Hi Barb and welcome. It's nice to have you on this forum. I live in Tennessee so I can't help you with anything in Toronto but there is a place the does mail order for scroll saw ready wood. It's called "Ocooch Hardwoods" and it'd a very good place to order wood from. I learned about them on this forum. I had one order that UPS damaged and I sent them a picture of the damaged boards and in 3 to 4 days the damaged boards was replaced. Also they didn't want me to send the damaged back. So go on their site and look around and see what you think.

http://www.ocoochhardwoods.com/

Thanks for the suggestions -

Kevin, I did google wood suppliers in Toronto - most were large boards or would require milling - I don't have that capability.

Don,  I have looked at Ocooch Hardwoods, but thought if I was in Toronto I would go and browse in a "candy store".  Nothing like the smell of fresh sawdust!!

Frank,  Thanks for the info about Woodchucker's.  It was one that came up in the google search I did.  I will be staying with my sister who lives in the Scarborough area and I will have access to her car.