porter cable saw

I have a Porter,and I have had it for over a year,I don't have those problems,Mine is working fine.I bought mine at Lowes.If you got the extended warranty I would take it back for an exchange.They are some Special Screws you can adjust, they are behind the Label.I was reading my owners manual.You can try that.They are at the Top,Bottom.Hope you are able to fix your problems. :)

You may want to look for a warranty center close to you. Have them look at it. I had 2 of the Porter Cable Saws, the 16" then the 18". Never had that kind on problem, just wore them out. Not sure how it is put together but you may have a bearing that went bad. If it is the 90 days and you have your receipt you may want to take it back for an exchange.

Best of luck 

Oh, welcome to village :)

Edited by WayneMahler

• 2 weeks later...

I have the PC saw from Lowe's also.  I have noticed some side wobble with the blade before cutting, but it stays on track (providing I don't stray off line) nicely once I get going.  As my first saw, I do like it, but have nothing to compare it to either.  I did tons of research online and read reviews, etc.  For the $$ i had at the time, the PC was the obvious choice for me.  I just hope it lasts long enough for me to upgrade when I can afford a better saw.

• 6 months later...

I have the very same problem with the very same saw.  It appears the arms are out of alignment - the lower arm is further to the right.  I've tried adjusting the set screws as many have suggested, moving my lower set screw as far as I can to the left and upper to the right, but it doesn't move it enough.  The blade still moves about 1mm side to side when running.  In hindsight I should have returned the saw when I first got it. 

I'm an experienced woodworker but new to scroll saws.  I'm having trouble following my patterns. The blade keeps wandering and I wonder if this runout is contributing.  I've watched lot of videos, followed lots of advice and tried lots of different blades.  I'm cutting white oak of different thicknesses. 

Any suggestions?