What a day!

I started a works in progress today for my cousin that sends me a couple of bucks out of the blue when i;m not expecting it but need it post haste.She wants this cross made of teak.i have lots of teak but never cut any and never planed any.First off the planer would not plan it ,just rip it to shreds.so i decided to try changing the cutting blades.I don't know how much the planer weighs but it was more than i wanted to deal with to put on my computer desk to do the job.I change the blades today twice just to make sure i did it correctly.The last guy that owned the planer stripped 4 screws , Which i had to chisel loose to do the job.All said and done the planer worked better than it's ever worked.I glued 2 pieces of teak together and put in my clamping station over night.I cut have the cross till i was to tired to do any more .Will post tomorrow.To top it all off ,i kept the planer under my dw788 for ballast..Don't you know that when i tryed to move the saw it fell over forward and the table hit the concrete first.No damage that i can see.

I started a works in progress today for my cousin that sends me a couple of bucks out of the blue when i;m not expecting it but need it post haste.She wants this cross made of teak.i have lots of teak but never cut any and never planed any.First off the planer would not plan it ,just rip it to shreds.so i decided to try changing the cutting blades.I don't know how much the planer weighs but it was more than i wanted to deal with to put on my computer desk to do the job.I change the blades today twice just to make sure i did it correctly.The last guy that owned the planer stripped 4 screws , Which i had to chisel loose to do the job.All said and done the planer worked better than it's ever worked.I glued 2 pieces of teak together and put in my clamping station over night.I cut have the cross till i was to tired to do any more .Will post tomorrow.To top it all off ,i kept the planer under my dw788 for ballast..Don't you know that when i tryed to move the saw it fell over forward and the table hit the concrete first.No damage that i can see.

Hey Kevin your wanting to plane thin boards a lot of the time a planer will eat them.   :D  I have a piece of 4' long MDF cut to width and a strip of wood screwed to the under side at the one end. That is to keep the planer from pulling it through. The finish on MDF is pretty smooth but I wax it with paste floor wax. Doing this will let you plane boards a lot thinner.

Always something to bring a sudden end to a fun filled day :oops: So Glad your O,K, Buddy.Looking forward to seeing that Beautiful Cross :)

Thanks Bobby,I really didn't want to do more than i have to ,but that's the way the ball bounced that day .Water over the dam now .And i learned something i didn't know :)

Hey Kevin your wanting to plane thin boards a lot of the time a planer will eat them.   :D  I have a piece of 4' long MDF cut to width and a strip of wood screwed to the under side at the one end. That is to keep the planer from pulling it through. The finish on MDF is pretty smooth but I wax it with paste floor wax. Doing this will let you plane boards a lot thinner.

The board was 1" teak .I just needed to get the raw part planed down so i could use it.But i love your idea on getting thinner stock by stacking it on some other board .Don't know if i'll ever need that tip but it's sure worth knowing ,Thanks for the tip!