Infinity Love

hotshot

I usually try to double post to my two favorite forums at about the same time, but because of the outage, I posted this to the Fox Chapel forum earlier.  So for those of you that don't frequent the other forum, here is my latest:

I found a rolling mill on Craigslist at a price I could afford, so that gave me the ability to flatten coins (without a hammer). Because this design is so wide, I would have to shrink the pattern down to where it was uncuttable on a regular coin. For this cutting, I flattened/elongated a greek drachma to about 2 times it's normal width, then cut this pattern. For perspective, It is about the same height as a dime. On my screen, the image below is about double actual size. It is too fragile to wear, but it makes interesting conversation piece.

InfinityLove.jpg.e6d9c7f38443b0227eb1e01d67560fa8.jpg

This is my very old but new to me rolling mill:

RollingMill.thumb.jpg.d2eeb700f29cad2a2ecb63cefcc33d2b.jpg

Edited by hotshot

On 5/20/2017 at 10:04 PM, hotshot said:

I usually try to double post to my two favorite forums at about the same time, but because of the outage, I posted this to the Fox Chapel forum earlier.  So for those of you that don't frequent the other forum, here is my latest:

I found a rolling mill on Craigslist at a price I could afford, so that gave me the ability to flatten coins (without a hammer). Because this design is so wide, I would have to shrink the pattern down to where it was uncuttable on a regular coin. For this cutting, I flattened/elongated a greek drachma to about 2 times it's normal width, then cut this pattern. For perspective, It is about the same height as a dime. On my screen, the image below is about double actual size. It is too fragile to wear, but it makes interesting conversation piece.

InfinityLove.jpg.e6d9c7f38443b0227eb1e01d67560fa8.jpg

This is my very old but new to me rolling mill:

RollingMill.thumb.jpg.d2eeb700f29cad2a2ecb63cefcc33d2b.jpg

nice toy and great cuts