Wasn't supposed to make a Lady cry.

jerry1939

Very thoughtful of you Jerry and I am sure you made her week, month and maybe year.  I'm glad you could do this for her.  I have an excellent UPS guy,  Keep thinking I should do his truck for him one day as a thanks.  You come to this site for those nice people like me, and ignore the others. ;):D

Jerry, what a wonderful gift and how appropriate. July 1st is National Postal Worker Appreciation Day. Remember that they are the ones that come to your house almost every day.  They are also the ones that get up in the middle of the night to load and fly and service airplane, drive long haul trucks, sell stamps, sort mail, drive their own or noisy mail trucks in all sorts of weather with their windows open. If you see one today, say thanks and that you appreciate what they do. We love our mail lady NiKi. She has over 800 stops every day!

On 6/30/2017 at 8:14 PM, meflick said:

Very thoughtful of you Jerry and I am sure you made her week, month and maybe year.  I'm glad you could do this for her.  I have an excellent UPS guy,  Keep thinking I should do his truck for him one day as a thanks.  You come to this site for those nice people like me, and ignore the others. ;):D

Oh do i have a ups pattern of all patterns that will make the other drivers jealous,but where it is in my files i've no idea.If i ever run across it again i'll send it to you.Im sure it's in my gallery but it seems like only my old gallery is available?Any way its a hot female scantly dressed ups girl pushing a hand truck with packages on it ,any man would love it and it has ups on her hat.

Jerry, that looks great. What a nice surprise. That's a great idea for a xmas gift. Do you have a pattern for that. I would love to make one for my mailman. His name is Dave. He does a little scrolling work to. I'm trying to get him to come into our forum and check it out. Thanks for sharing, Ralph.

On Thursday, July 06, 2017 at 9:35 AM, rdatelle said:

Jerry, that looks great. What a nice surprise. That's a great idea for a xmas gift. Do you have a pattern for that. I would love to make one for my mailman. His name is Dave. He does a little scrolling work to. I'm trying to get him to come into our forum and check it out. Thanks for sharing, Ralph.

1.  I am sorry that I did not check this post until today.

2.  I deleted the pattern, because I would never again need it.  Google - Mail Truck Photos.  I imported it into inkscape and traced the lines.

Good Luck Friend.  jerry

• 4 months later...

Revisiting an old topic.

This morning our mail lady came by today. She has been out on disability for several months and we hadn't seen her for a while . I had made another mail truck plaque as a donation for the NRLCA, National Rural Letter Carrier Association meeting in Lexington SC this fall. She was excited to tell me that the plaque had sold for $240 at the annual auction!!

It feels good to help out.

20170923_141154.jpg