Still More To DO, But...

Scrappile

4 hours ago, Scrappile said:

I completed this today.  This is one I have wanted to do for a long long time. Them, my son requested it, and he has done a lot for me and has been a big supporter of my scrolling, so I decided I had to do it for him.  Here is the rub.  Kinda like the recent thread on "High" and "Low" of scrolling.  The "low is, there are only a few patterns for this picture.  I ordered what I though was the "best" of the ones offered.  When I received the pattern I was,,, let down.  It just didn't look all that great to me.  But I was committed so I decided to cut it anyway.  The "high" today I finished cutting and removed the pattern/tape from the wood, and I am very happy with how it turned out..  It looks more detailed than the pattern looked like it would.  I want to finish cleaning it up, put a finish on and make a backer and frame it.  I only hope I can frame it like I want.  I am not great at framing pictures.  

"The Last Supper"  24" long x 8" high.  Cut in 1/4" Maple.  Used 3/0 FD new spiral blade,

last supper.jpg

Mighty nice work !

Great, great job. I've gotten the same feeling about patterns. When I look at most patterns for the first time, it's like "Really, it looked so much better in the catalog". For some reason they just don't look good on paper. But once you have it cut and remove the paper, it always looks amazing in wood grain. Kinda makes finishing a tough pattern all the more special.