still out of service!

SCROLLSAW703

5 weeks ago this coming thursday, I had two heart attacks & a lung embolism. They flew me out of here to a bigger hospital with a Cardiologist & all the fancy equipment to figure out what was going on. That's when they broke the news to my bride about the two heart attacks & my lungs. He said my lungs had 2 large blood clots in them, & a smaller one that was going to have to come out that day.

The way the Cardiologist explained it to us was the left side of my heart & lungs were getting no oxygen what so ever. Basically, he said, I was slowly dieing. Those clots had to come out that day, no matter what! He said on top of the heart attacks, those are an emergency.

So, 6:30 that evening, we were in the heart cath room to remove the blood clots. 

It goes without saying, it has been a rough 5 weeks. in & out of the hospital 3X, bad weather here, all that took a lot out of me. And my bride wound up with the flu, & has been tryin' to look after me. We have home health nurses comin' in for PT & meds. 

In the mean time, this bein' the only site I visit, I get on here & see what everybody is up to, as I'm not able to get back in my shop yet. 

I'd like to say I may sound a little out of sorts at times, but that's not any of you. That's the ol' truck driver in me. Thank you all for your friendship, & bein' here to just be friends. All I'm askin' is throw a prayer our way on occasion, & let me hang out when I can, & post now & then. I'll keep you posted as this goes along. Thank you again for the friendship & brotherhood!  It has been part of what's keepin' me goin'! God bless & keep makin' sawdust!

Take your time to heal Brad. I'll be praying for your recovery. I'm glad you got on and posted. That's one step closer to being in the driver seat of the scroll saw. 

You know what they say, "Truckers never die, they just..." well, I'm sure you know the rest. Here's to a speedy recovery. 

My prayers are with you my friend. I kinda know where you're at. I had a big heart attack last spring with a lot of damage to the bottom left. Had one stint put in. I also have an aneurism in the stomach that needs operating on when my heart improves. I do my regular excersizing at the track meeting friends and making new ones. Laughter really helps and of course faith knowing you will come out of this with a more positive outlook. So again Brad my prayers are with you both.

thank you all, SINCERELY, we really appreciate your prayers, friendship, & understanding. I can't begin to tell you how much it means to us!:):) This site is part of what has kept me goin'. I get on here to see what ever' body is up to, & light up a post with my country boy learnin' & experience now & then. The friendship here, & close brotherhood of sawyers that pull together when one of us is in need of support is one of the main reasons I stay here. Thank you again for all your thoughts & prayers. I'll keep you posted as things go along. God Bless & keep makin' sawdust!

18 hours ago, SCROLLSAW703 said:

5 weeks ago this coming thursday, I had two heart attacks & a lung embolism. They flew me out of here to a bigger hospital with a Cardiologist & all the fancy equipment to figure out what was going on. That's when they broke the news to my bride about the two heart attacks & my lungs. He said my lungs had 2 large blood clots in them, & a smaller one that was going to have to come out that day.

The way the Cardiologist explained it to us was the left side of my heart & lungs were getting no oxygen what so ever. Basically, he said, I was slowly dieing. Those clots had to come out that day, no matter what! He said on top of the heart attacks, those are an emergency.

So, 6:30 that evening, we were in the heart cath room to remove the blood clots. 

It goes without saying, it has been a rough 5 weeks. in & out of the hospital 3X, bad weather here, all that took a lot out of me. And my bride wound up with the flu, & has been tryin' to look after me. We have home health nurses comin' in for PT & meds. 

In the mean time, this bein' the only site I visit, I get on here & see what everybody is up to, as I'm not able to get back in my shop yet. 

I'd like to say I may sound a little out of sorts at times, but that's not any of you. That's the ol' truck driver in me. Thank you all for your friendship, & bein' here to just be friends. All I'm askin' is throw a prayer our way on occasion, & let me hang out when I can, & post now & then. I'll keep you posted as this goes along. Thank you again for the friendship & brotherhood!  It has been part of what's keepin' me goin'! God bless & keep makin' sawdust!

Your Hawk BM - 26, CW - 40 Hitachi, 16" Craftsman, are waiting for you! soon you'll smell diesel in the morning and get and start scrolling again.I hate down time ,seems like i have to relearn to scroll again.Prayers are on their way friend,You got close to the pearly gates but not that close.You just can't keep a diesel man down.Check in often  ,Let us know the score and take it one day at a time.You'll get back in no time.Time to read up on your scroll saw magazines ,stock up a few more patterns and surf the web to relax.Keep coming back friend!

thank you for all the kind words & encouragement, gentlemen! We just take it a day at a time, & do what the Drs are tellin' us to do. We are on the mend, slowly. 

Mr. Lawson, you're right, my friend! Truck drivers are a tough breed, & our wives are tougher! I've been off the road 6 years this month due to my health. But the blood lives on in me forever! There ain't nothin' like the smell of diesel smoke for breakfast, brother!

My bride & I have a strong bond! She has put up with a lot over the years of me bein' on the road most of our marriage. Storms, bad roads, on & on. She is my rock! 

I'll keep you all posted as things go. She just left to go for a ct scan on her kidneys. We are waiting on results from a recent ultra sound my cardiologist had done on my legs checkin' the arteries. 

Again, we sincerely appreciate all the kindness, friendship, & prayers. We sincerely appreciate them all! You guys keep me goin'! 

Two heart attacks & a lung embolism and they thought you was in trouble from that they obviously did not know you and did not know you are also a trucker and have lots of support from the SSV , it will take a lot more than that to knock the wheels off your wagon my friend, Take it easy in the recovery phase there is plenty to look at on here until you are ready and the wife will recover from the flu also with no problem because the wife is the nut that keeps the wheels on the wagon :) 

you hit the nail on the head, Mr. blight! This is just a bump in the road for us. Man, I can't tell you all again how much all the support & prayers, kindness, & friendship you've all shown us! It means more than I can express to you all! This is, again, one of the many reasons this is the only scroll site I use! All of you have helped to keep my mind off the other things we've got goin' on. We sincerely appreciate all your support & prayers!!!