Can't stop making bracelets...

WayneG

Well, I am not a jewelry person, meaning I wear none, not even a wedding band, but I really like what you are doing.  They are beautiful.  I may have to give it a go, would really make nice gifts. 

I haven't looked at your tutorial yet and maybe you answer it there, but how difficult is it to determine sizing.  I mean one size does not fit all, or are they pretty flexible?

Thanks for sharing.

Okay, read your tutorial and it answered my question.  I hope your tutorial gets moved to the "Tutorials and Resources" section so it does not get lost.

Edited by Scrappile

3 hours ago, Scrappile said:

Well, I am not a jewelry person, meaning I wear none, not even a wedding band, but I really like what you are doing.  They are beautiful.  I may have to give it a go, would really make nice gifts. 

I haven't looked at your tutorial yet and maybe you answer it there, but how difficult is it to determine sizing.  I mean one size does not fit all, or are they pretty flexible?

Thanks for sharing.

Okay, read your tutorial and it answered my question.  I hope your tutorial gets moved to the "Tutorials and Resources" section so it does not get lost.

Sizing is tricky, the bracelets are not flexible and should not be flexed although depending on the speices of wood used they do have some give but in my 60 or so that I have made thus far the best results are using Hardwoods and getting the opening size is crucial to avoid breakage. the most important size is the opening and that logically corresponds with the width and overall size of the bracelet.

The easiest size to make is "your" size as your wrist is with you to size it...

They are addictive to make and are really eye catching

12 hours ago, Adam_Leslie said:

Wow, those are all beautiful pieces.  Learn about new things that you can scroll all the time.

I was wondering what the dimensions are on them.  How wide across?  How thick?

Thank you

thanks,

the width really depends on the size of the persons wrist, the rectangular blanks I put together are 4 1/4 inches by 3 approx. They range in thickness, some I make thick, some thin. The thickness of the bracelet when cut is usually less than a 1/4 inch. 

I did put together a tutorial so to speak, its in this section entitled making bracelets. 

6 hours ago, heppnerguy said:

you sure are good at coming up with a nice variety of patterns. My imagination is pretty much useless. Glad you posted so many of them for us to enjoy and get enthused to make for ourselves

Dick

heppnerguy

thank you! the possibilities are endless. I have the idea to create a thick blank, re-saw it once its cured and use it as the frame and make another complimentary blank for the inside of those...