hacked

Jronn65

I believe Usually the problem is not with the site,  it with the browser being used on your device. If it was the site it’s self, you should have problems no matter what device you used and everyone should be having problems. I have been on the site today with my iPad (on with it now) and with a computer and have had no issues. Assuming most others aren’t either since we are not seeing massive questions about it. But, that said - you are not only person who has mentioned having an issue. Couple others in another area of forum said they were having something similar occurring. One had problems with his phone,  but not from another device as I recall. Not sure exactly how to resolve for you though.

I would suggest that you start by trying to completely clear your browser history, cookies and web site data from the device(s) having problems. Since you mentioned your problem is on your iPad, see how to clear that here: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201265

edited to add link to other thread with same issue by two others http://www.scrollsawvillage.com/forums/topic/28541-scam-pop-ups/

Edited by meflick
typos (but probably still some there!)

@Brianr24 was having a similar issue.  I think he said he was on the iPad too.  I haven't seen any troubles on my side.  I've tried it on my iPad and things seemed to be working OK.  We have Google ads on SSV, but they usually don't react that way.  Plus, Amazon doesn't do things like that either.  I'm wondering if there's a browser hijacker on browser.  I never heard of it on a tablet/mobile, though.  Anyway, I'd update your browser and OS on your iPad.  Make sure Safari security settings are turned on, particularly Block Pop-ups and Fraudulent Website Warning.  On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, go to Settings > Safari and turn on Block Pop-ups and Fraudulent Website Warning.  Hopefully that helps.

Sounds like your browser has been hijacked - check the addons in your configuration and see if there is something there you did not install and remove it

Many times, you go to websites, they install things sometimes without your knowledge and sometimes you approve one thing and they end up installing all kinds of crap.

Edited by new2woodwrk

Ok, so I think I have the fix so I’m posting this in case someone else has this issue.  Again, this is for iPad users.  Go to settings, the general , then iPad storage, then click safari.  There you will see the websites that do not clear when you hit the “clear history” under the safari section.  From here, click on websites, scroll down and “clear all sites”.  No issues since I did this.