See what you've done ????

Foxfold

9 minutes ago, Foxfold said:

Not too many weeks ago I bought a cheap and cheerful PinEnd scrollsaw and quite enjoyed cutting out silhouette type things and was quite happy with what I had.  I joined this forum as it seemed to be a friendly place to learn what else could be done on a scrollsaw. 

Well !!!  

I now have an Axminster saw, that is to be put in situ by my long suffering husband, I've had a pattern made for me by a generous member of this community, I've received help and advice that has been invaluable, I've ordered new blades for the aforementioned machine,  I've bought a magnifier with light, I've ordered a stool on which to sit whilst scrolling, I've seen patterns that boggle the mind, I've got a load of wood stashed in one of my kennels, a host of new friends and life will never be quite the same again.  To say I only joined so that I could see what could be done, I think I can safely say that you folks have changed my life.

Thank you all. 

Brenda

Brenda, I came here 3 years ago and have never left. There are other forum sites out there but I find that this one is the most active and has the BEST group of folks you will find on the planet. Along with great knowledge, advice and most importantly comraderie. Welcome aboard. I look forward to seeing some of your work. And, if you have time, show us a few pics of your countryside. I have always wanted to visit England.

31 minutes ago, octoolguy said:

Brenda, I came here 3 years ago and have never left. There are other forum sites out there but I find that this one is the most active and has the BEST group of folks you will find on the planet. Along with great knowledge, advice and most importantly comraderie. Welcome aboard. I look forward to seeing some of your work. And, if you have time, show us a few pics of your countryside. I have always wanted to visit England.

I have put some photo's of our home and surrounding countryside on the 'Introductions' page for you. I must admit that Yorkshire is called 'Gods own country' for a reason. It's gorgeous.  Cold in the winter though 🙂 

So glad you are enjoying it. I have been seriously scrolling for several years now and I have really just scratched the surface of what one can do.  Intarsia, compound cutting, jig saw puzzles, fret work, clocks, boxes, baskets, toys, inlay, Marquetry, the list goes on.  I have more patterns and projects lined up that there is no way I will get it all done in my life time.  I'm leaving it all to my daughter, when she get through raising a family and working and has some time to for herself, she will be an awesome scroller.  She loves it, just too much other life right now. 

Got to say I have ventured into all kinds of wood working, furniture making, house building, boat building, lathe turning, lots of other things involving wood, and I really find the scroll saw the most fun and relaxing.  Only other thing I want to do wood related is learn some carving. 

29 minutes ago, Woodmaster1 said:

That sounds awesome, it is addicting as you will find. Kevin you making the trip to the wood expo this weekend?

Yeah I sure am.. can't afford to miss it.. I've been out of Cherry lumber for quite some time... I'm hoping to go Friday morning after I take my kids to school.. That said. I might have to make another trip on Saturday :) .. You planning to go? Really hoping the rain and storms we've been having here along with the heat and humidity are done before the Expo..  

I tried all the other 'womanly' crafts and to be honest I was pretty useless at most of them or just basic at the rest.  Until my husband got himself a scroll saw..............that was over 20 years ago and I still love the time I spend at the saw and what I can accomplish.  I joined this group almost from day one I think and I have never regretted it.  They are the happiest, friendliest, and generous bunch you could ever come across.  If you stay as long as I have you will see a lot come and go but they are all the same the same they are scroll saw artists and love the smell of wood.
Enjoy all your new equipment and take a photo of everything you make, its good to look back.

Marg