Bluetooth earmuffs

John B

G'day all,

The Missus bought be a pair of noise cancelling,blue-tooth, fm, mp3 playing earmuffs. for Father's day, {3rd Sept) I never posted previously as I wanted to give them a shot first.
You can also answer you phone while wearing them, through the muffs. (I suspect this was the reason she bought them :)  I'm always getting into strife for not answering my phone and my excuse usually is "I must have been down the shed, I was busy etc)
They work exceptionally well, cutting the noise as much if not more than my standard earmuffs. Very noticeable when using the thicknesser.
I also learnt a few new trick. my Son showed my how to dump my 500 song play list from the computer onto my phone. I can now listen to all my favourites while making as much noise as I like :)

The phone is very clear when answering it vis the earmuffs,
You can even have a laugh at the Little Chinese sheila telling you that "the Blue-a-tooth is-a very pale" (I'm also learning chinglish "The blue tooth signal is weak" :)

Below is a link if you are interested in seeing what they look like and just what they do.

https://www.bunnings.com.au/tactix-bluetooth-earmuffs_p5810828

Edited by John B
added a bit

Reading your description, I assumed they would be a lot more expensive.  I like silence, so all the music stuff is unimportant to me, but I can see where most people would find it very nice.  As for the phones, they are the rudest invention ever.  They interrupt you know matter what you are doing.  I refuse to let that happen.  I do not answer the phone unless I am expecting a call I want to get or if it is not inconvenient for me.    I hate it when I an talking to someone and they jump to answer the phone right in the middle of our conversation... I've been know to walk off, why not, the phone must be more important to the other person than talking to me.  I know I was born in the wrong century!  Sorry for the little rant.

I have had a set of those for a long time... well.. not exactly the "blue tooth" ones.. I had bought a set back about 12 years ago when I started up a lawn care business.. ( one of those things I thought I'd like to do but once I started the business.. I didn't like so much after all 😂)... anyway fast forward.. they stopped working about 2 years ago.. thinking it was because my kids left them outside all winter in the cold shed.. so they got me a new pair that is blue tooth.. while I've never used the blue tooth part of it.. I just listen the the radio.. so i can hear whats happening in the world and my favorite songs play some more favorite that others but 😂... 

That all said.. I rarely use them in the shop unless I'm running the loud stuff like my planner etc.. otherwise I just have the radio on in the shop... but anyway... they are awsome to listen to while mowing the grass.. I have a large yard.. so mowing is about a 3 hour job.. music makes it go by much faster, LOL.. Oh in case anyone here in the USA is interested.. my wife bought the at Walmart.. believe they was about $40-50..

I don't use muffs at the saw, as I feel I need to listen to music the blade and the wood make.  But, I do have a set of headphones designed to take to the race track that I hook to my iPod while mowing.  Serves two purposes--cuts the engine noise and gives me some entertainment.  My mow job is not as big as Kevin's, but it is more than a few minutes.

10 hours ago, John B said:

I have some bluetooth earbuds that are great at the house. Not so much walking arund the block for some reason but whatever, works great at home. 

They really do block the sound. The landlord came by the other day to do a repair and was banging on the door about 6 feet from me while i was working and I didnt hear him. he thought i keeled over with a heart attack or something. poor guy.  

I listen to pandora on mine. great channels. I like blues music so its sort of hard to find so nice that they have plenty of it.

On 9/17/2018 at 7:59 AM, Scrappile said:

Reading your description, I assumed they would be a lot more expensive.  I like silence, so all the music stuff is unimportant to me, but I can see where most people would find it very nice.  As for the phones, they are the rudest invention ever.  They interrupt you know matter what you are doing.  I refuse to let that happen.  I do not answer the phone unless I am expecting a call I want to get or if it is not inconvenient for me.    I hate it when I an talking to someone and they jump to answer the phone right in the middle of our conversation... I've been know to walk off, why not, the phone must be more important to the other person than talking to me.  I know I was born in the wrong century!  Sorry for the little rant.

I'm with ya on that Paul. I hate phones. Any make, kind or style. They are terrible. And when they decided to make a phone do more than a phone should, they got even more intrusive. I was married to my cell when I was in business but it was the old-fashioned flip phone. Nothing else. Now you have to have a computer, a camera AND a phone. And, I have walked off from someone who did that to me.