Cross Posting

Rockytime

I don't think there is any jail time for cross posting so I say go for it.. 😀.. 

I think Steve is a pretty busy man and put the forum up for others.. Seems like at one time he was going to shut it down but then someone offered to help run it? I rarely go there and actually had forgot about it.. mainly because I kept having trouble logging in back in the day when he had some issues.. and they lasted for a couple months.. use to be quite regular there.. Guess I should hop over there one day and see if I can get back on it..

The cross posting thing I dislike most is on Facebook.. I belong to a lot of the groups... and apparently so does a few others.. and when they post their projects on 3-6 of the different groups.. then my news feed is full of the same posting and I end up having to scroll for 15 minutes of the same postings just to get to something different.. especially if that person post two or three postings on all of those groups.. and then when 3-5 other people also do the same thing... That one just really annoys me.. so I dropped a lot of the Facebook stuff simply for that reason.. 

I have found that other than SSV the other forums really lack any activity. I have tried to use them but when I ask a question, weeks, sometimes months go by without any replies. Here, I ask a question and then just sit back a few minutes and I get feedback. This is by far the best forum I have ever atttended. And I belong to many forums on many subjects. I love this place and I LOVE this group of folks. Thanks Travis. And thanks to all of you for being who you are.

Glad all is cool. I copy a Steve Good every once in a while. I always send a donation. He is a most gracious individual offering patterns with no obligation. I belong to nearly a half dozen web sites from scroll sawing, pen making to machining and clock sites. The Village is home base for me.

Howdy Rocky!

How's Things on your side of the rock, my friend? I agree with what has already been discussed in your thread, Sir. I don't see the issue with it. You donated for the pattern, so in turn, you are able to cut it and show it where ever you take a notion to show off your superior scroll skills, my friend.:-) 

I reckon if some wise acre has somethin' to say about it, he'll have more than just you to answer to, Mr. Les.;) Copyrights are one thing, but again, once you have donated for the pattern, it's yours to cut, and you are able to show it where ever, or on whatever site you choose to.:-)

Just my couple a pennies worth, Sir.

Look after yourself, Mr. Les!

Brad

Edited by SCROLLSAW703