light of the world

tony coleman

Beautiful Tony. I too have this pattern and in fact I have many pieces cut withe frame made. I did not like the combination of woods I used thus I never finished because I need to recut that large center piece again. I planned on using stain glass for the boarders and background. I like the contrast in yours. Could you explain what woods went where. I can guess but it would be better to know for sure. 

I have made so many of Dirks patterns over the years and he is truely missed in the pattern world. The one I am most proud of is his I Am The LIght Of The World Cross.    Job well done and thanks for showing.

16 hours ago, JTTHECLOCKMAN said:

Beautiful Tony. I too have this pattern and in fact I have many pieces cut withe frame made. I did not like the combination of woods I used thus I never finished because I need to recut that large center piece again. I planned on using stain glass for the boarders and background. I like the contrast in yours. Could you explain what woods went where. I can guess but it would be better to know for sure. 

I have made so many of Dirks patterns over the years and he is truely missed in the pattern world. The one I am most proud of is his I Am The LIght Of The World Cross.    Job well done and thanks for showing.

i made it with ,pine for the frame,then wrapped it with mahogany,i used ash for the vines on the frame,mahogany again for the circular pieces on the main section,i had a limited choice of wood but i think it turned out fine.