Wood & Glass Together?

Old Joe

The first shot is just the wood. It is 1” thick Red Oak done with a relief cut around the perimeter. Today I cut a piece of stained glass and mounted it in back with the cartoon recessed in the relief area. I haven’t set everything permanent yet. Looking for critique from you all.

I like it with and without.  I love the pattern,,, come cough it up, where did that pattern come from.....  Your glass is great, in my opinion.  I would also like it with a frosty blueish glass behind it.... to make it look cold.  Maybe that has to do with the Game of Thrones and the guy in the tree north of the wall.... Great piece!

1 hour ago, Scrappile said:

I like it with and without.  I love the pattern,,, come cough it up, where did that pattern come from.....  Your glass is great, in my opinion.  I would also like it with a frosty blueish glass behind it.... to make it look cold.  Maybe that has to do with the Game of Thrones and the guy in the tree north of the wall.... Great piece!

The pattern was purchased from Fiona Kingdon. Her forte is not pattern making as she doesn’t use patterns, nor does she draw them. She has 5 available on her site, but they are not like patterns that I have ever used before. I believe she adapts them from her completed work by photocopying the work itself. You must be careful as sometimes you can get left hanging with little or no bridging if you don’t plan your cuts carefully. I made changes along the way. The relief cut and glass backing was my feeble attempt to give it at least a little individuality.

Funny you should offer the blue glass suggestion as I was/am betwixt and between blue, green or maybe a combo of them both with a blue sky and the green below the tree line. I felt that there was too much empty space to not fill the background.

Edited by Old Joe