This was a challenge....Fiona Kingdon pattern...

Scrolling Steve

That's beautiful Steve and I can see why your wife loved it.  I agree that it looks great cut into the purple heart but - oh my, between all those tiny fret holes, and the density of that wood - I think they statement that it took a lot of hours is no doubt true.  I admire your patience and tenancity to do that one..  Love the little animals hidden in the branches. Thanks for showing.

1 hour ago, Scrappile said:

WOW!  I love that Steve!  You are right purple heart makes that work.  Awesome job.  I love the cuttings of trees like that.  I bet you also got the Viking Tree one also,,,, I did.

Paul, i have not gotten the Viking tree pattern yet...I have been back and looked at it😀

@Bill WIlson strange how it works, I use 3/0 spirals more than any other spiral and rarely break one.  Even when they get bent I still keep on scrolling with them..   My second favorite spiral is the Pegas 2/0 which is a little bigger.  I like it because it cuts more aggressively than the 3/0 but I break them often.. the slightest bend and they snap on me.  I must has gone through 20 twenty of the 2/0 cutting the Jaguar I just completed.  It is like they are brittle.

Great job! Fiona's stuff isn't that easy to start with and to cut it out of Purple Heart was admirable and the end result is very impressive!. I did her Viking out of 1" Red Oak with a relief cut and it was challenging. I'm thinking of maybe doing one more inspired by her work, though not sure if I'll use another of her patterns.