Inlaid Trinket Box

Dave Monk

On 4/18/2019 at 8:10 PM, Dave Monk said:

I modified one of Steve Goods patterns to make this.

I am participating in the Denton Texas Art and Jazz Festival the end of the month. Getting kinda nervous about it. It is a two and a half day event with attendance around 200,000 people. Sure hope the weather is good because I have been working the past three months in preparation for it. First time for something this big for me.

Having a tough time knowing what to price this piece. I'm not really anxious to sell it. I doubt if many people will appreciate the time that went into it. 

Made of walnut, maple and cedar.

Fancy Box1.JPG

Fancy Box2.JPG

Fancy Box3.JPG

A STAR AMONG US
Hi Dave:
I see you have hit the big times
Steve Good just wrote about you on his blog
This is what you get, when you do fantastic work
Fab4

51 minutes ago, Foxfold said:

Here you go, just scroll past the dragons. http://scrollsawworkshop.blogspot.com/

Thank you for the link. A worthwhile read for sure. This project has to be ranked as one of the top 10 if not the best ever shown here. I am still in awe and jealous at the same time😀 I sure wish Dave would consider doing a tutorial here for the site on his methods. Even if he showed us all we would not be able to complete work like that he has a talent and has been doing this for awhile. Just knowing the right angles to cut at and cut with precision is outstanding. I had made this box for the IAP contest this year and have shown it and my inlay work is basic because I just recessed the oval. I would have loved to do the entire thing using his method. I have another box I am working on that would be nice to use this method also. 

Copy_of_IMGP0362__1550379452_18302.jpg

Copy_of_IMGP0320__1550379375_41316.jpg

5 hours ago, JTTHECLOCKMAN said:

Thank you for the link. A worthwhile read for sure. This project has to be ranked as one of the top 10 if not the best ever shown here. I am still in awe and jealous at the same time😀 I sure wish Dave would consider doing a tutorial here for the site on his methods. Even if he showed us all we would not be able to complete work like that he has a talent and has been doing this for awhile. Just knowing the right angles to cut at and cut with precision is outstanding. I had made this box for the IAP contest this year and have shown it and my inlay work is basic because I just recessed the oval. I would have loved to do the entire thing using his method. I have another box I am working on that would be nice to use this method also. 

Copy_of_IMGP0362__1550379452_18302.jpg

Copy_of_IMGP0320__1550379375_41316.jpg

JT, That is one beautiful box. Maybe once school is out I can get my grandson to help me with a video.  There are a lot of good ones on youTube.