Inlaid Trinket Box

Dave Monk

Looks great Dave. I have no idea on pricing, but, if you really don’t want to sell it, set what you consider a really high price for it so it probably won’t sell, BUT if it does, you will know someone appreciated your work and was willing to compensate you for it by paying that price. 😉 Win-Win.

Absolutely beautiful!
At first, I thought you were talking about this being entered in a contest. I'm sure that would be hard to beat in any competition!
God luck with your sales although, as already stated, your work is always top notch and you won't have much trouble with
selling your projects.
God Bless! Spirithorse

Dave that has to be some of the nicest inlay work I have seen in a long time. Are the sides inlayed also??? If so that is a $80 to $100 piece. If anyone needs to do a video is you. I wish you make a set of videos depicting the process of your inlay work. That is a video I would watch over and over. I have done some inlay work but nothing on your scale. truely beautiful piece of work. Can we talk you into doing some videos??  Please. Maybe you have some already and if this is the case can you link them for us?? A++++ work. I always look for your work. You have extreme talents. 

The one thing I would have added and believe me this is just a thought but either flock the bottom or a piece of red felt or velvet. What is the finish on this piece?? 

Edited by JTTHECLOCKMAN

6 hours ago, JTTHECLOCKMAN said:

Dave that has to be some of the nicest inlay work I have seen in a long time. Are the sides inlayed also??? If so that is a $80 to $100 piece. If anyone needs to do a video is you. I wish you make a set of videos depicting the process of your inlay work. That is a video I would watch over and over. I have done some inlay work but nothing on your scale. truely beautiful piece of work. Can we talk you into doing some videos??  Please. Maybe you have some already and if this is the case can you link them for us?? A++++ work. I always look for your work. You have extreme talents. 

The one thing I would have added and believe me this is just a thought but either flock the bottom or a piece of red felt or velvet. What is the finish on this piece?? 

Thanks for the kind words. The sides are inlaid all the way around. I have never done any flocking........I definitely need to try it some time. I blame you guys here at The Village for getting me to do new things. That's a good thing. I have never done any videos. Maybe I can get my grandson to help me with that sometime. I finish most of my projects with three coats of pre catalyzed lacquer. I would guess I have have around $20 worth of wood in this box. Being It is inlaid it takes almost twice as much as it would without. It took me about ten hours to make it from start to finish. I think I will price it at $150. Like I said.....I really don't care if I sell it. I can always give it to someone who is special to me. 

1 hour ago, Dave Monk said:

Thanks for the kind words. The sides are inlaid all the way around. I have never done any flocking........I definitely need to try it some time. I blame you guys here at The Village for getting me to do new things. That's a good thing. I have never done any videos. Maybe I can get my grandson to help me with that sometime. I finish most of my projects with three coats of pre catalyzed lacquer. I would guess I have have around $20 worth of wood in this box. Being It is inlaid it takes almost twice as much as it would without. It took me about ten hours to make it from start to finish. I think I will price it at $150. Like I said.....I really don't care if I sell it. I can always give it to someone who is special to me. 

Thanks Dave. Yes you do need to think about showing your talents in a video. It is unique. As for price, I do not blame you and who knows you may find someone who will appreciate the work and understand what it takes to make something like that. I know most people will have no clue. Good luck and look forward to seeing more of your work. 

28 minutes ago, ScollSaw Slasher said:

Exquisite !!! The sides just blow my mind. How did you keep track of all the inlay cutouts? With me, half would end up om the shop floor.

There was one piece that I dropped on the floor that I didn't realize until I went to put it together. Thankfully I found it on the floor. I did one side at a time and laid the pieces in order as I cut them out.