Hi Y'all

OzarkSawdust

14 hours ago, heppnerguy said:

It is amazing how the scroll saw can help you make things you might have never even knew was a possibility to make on a scroll saw. There is a lot to see and do here so make yourself at home here and log  on often

From Southern Arizona,  

Dick

heppnerguy

I've looked at things done on a scroll saw for years and thought "WOW! That's so cool! I could never do that." So now I'm going to make a crude attempt to "do that" !

4 hours ago, OzarkSawdust said:

I've looked at things done on a scroll saw for years and thought "WOW! That's so cool! I could never do that." So now I'm going to make a crude attempt to "do that" !

I would advice to start with the simple patterns and when you feel certain you can cut those without any problem, then go to one that is a little more difficult, but not too much so, just a little more of a challenge. Then after cutting a few in that category,. move to something even more challenging and you will find that doing it this way will build confidence instead of defeat and you will be able to take on just about  anything you would want to be able to do at this point in time. Take your time in cutting and let the blade do the work. When you discover that you are pushing the blade to get it to cut, it is time to change to a new blade.  Dull blades often wonder and lead to mistakes.  Your blade choices are really important and can limit your ability so do not buy blades from the big box stores but rather on line. Here is one source where you can purchase on line or  with a phone call. The type of wood you cut and the thickness have a lot to do with choosing the correct blade to use. 

https://woodenteddybear.com/

Dick

heppnerguy

6 hours ago, OzarkSawdust said:

Go for it Gary !!  When I first started a year ago, I too, did silhouettes to start with but with the help of all the good people on this forum I gradually practiced and worked my way up to doing more complex things. It's tremendous fun !!

Witch.jpg

Elephant1.jpg