Is RBI Hawk still in business?

Nate

1 hour ago, dgman said:

It’s funny, Kevin never responds when I post!

Merry Christmas Dan... There I responded to a post of yours.. 😂

Actually I don't read all the posting topics anymore.. and I've been quite busy and missed about 3-4 weeks worth of topics.. I'm not retired and still work and this time of year I only step in here quick to take a break from packing orders.. Miss a lot of the topics.. Now that I'm expanding into the CNC world I'm busy on other forums too so..  Only about the last 4 days have I actually spent more time on here as things are winding down..

Now.. I gotta jump out of here.. 6 orders came in over night that are made to order items so I gotta get back to work.. 

Merry Christmas to everyone!

13 hours ago, kmmcrafts said:

So you're saying i'm wrong to charge people for clocks that I don't currently have in stock huh? Some people like to be paid in advance for there are a lot of people out there there that want it until you have it made then they change their mind.. Being a small business.. i can't take the loss of my time making something that someone changes their mind on then i set on it for 3-5 years.. which cost me not only the storage space but the materials it took to make it AND.. I could have used the time to make something that someone actually pull through and do buy.. 

You ever take peoples money for crafts you currently don't have in stock? How would a custom or personalized order be handled.. You make it then they don't want it.. what then?

I'm not relating this to the Bushton situation I'm over that discussion.. But since this comment came up I'm curious what you folks do for crafts that people order.. Maybe I'm not running my business right... I was doing it how most other crafts people said they do it on the etsy and other site forum.. I guess maybe I shouldn't sell things I don't have.. and not be charging for custom / personalized stuff until i have it made.. 

EDIT To Add: I do tell my customers that the time frame for getting their order is 14 days before I can mail it out... Bushton doesn't do anything of that nature..No timeline or anything..  I remember that from my barrel clamps order that took 6 weeks to get..  I was mad but also thankful too.. because I was able to get the old saw up and running.. They supported an old RBI made saw.. The company changed hands 3 times.. First is was RBI Industries.. Then Hawk industries bought them out and run the place bankrupt before selling out to Bushton in 09. Without bushtons buying them nobody would be getting any parts at all.. which maybe the future of it anyway.. I'm just glad I was able to get the parts for that old saw..

Special orders are a whole different thing Kevin. I used to get money up front for them. But for an item that is usually in inventory NO. Your nitpicking here. If a company manufactures something that has parts that are destined to wear out, they have some obligation to make/stock those parts for a reasonable time. I think 10 years should be the norm. An estimate should be arrived at in the beginning and those parts should be produced at that time. I agree with both you and JT on some points. You both are right. The bottom line here is that Bushton is not doing a good job of running the company. 

I think this is a good spot to close down this discussion. I think the original question was answered, and folks got to speak their piece about quality of service and expectations.  I think it's time to get back to making some sawdust and enjoying the Holidays!  

Thanks All.

• Travis locked this topic