Canada here

MurkyWaters

5 hours ago, MurkyWaters said:

Hi there! I'm a newbie from ontario looking for tips tricks and patterns.  I'm really enjoying this hobby even if I am still pretty rough around the edges lol I'm learning and happy to have any advice thrown my way :)

Welcome friend, Here's a biggy that will keep you going. On the bottom of each page in the forums you can click on page's  all the way to the beginning of SSV. Enjoy.

On 7/7/2020 at 12:57 AM, don in brooklin on said:

Hi

I am from Brooklin Ontario.  Just East of Toronto.  North Whitby actually.

Let us know where in Ontario.

Welcome to the village and a great place to get those questions answered and some great pattern in the gallery,

Don't forget to post pictures.

Way down in windsor essex county area.  Right now home of the keeping the province from moving forward lol!!

• 1 month later...
On 7/6/2020 at 3:40 PM, MurkyWaters said:

Hi there! I'm a newbie from ontario looking for tips tricks and patterns.  I'm really enjoying this hobby even if I am still pretty rough around the edges lol I'm learning and happy to have any advice thrown my way :)

Where in Ontario. I'm just outside orangeville. 

Welcome from the East Coast of Central Florida.  I know a lot of you from north of the border think Florida is just a suburb of Canada and I think you are right from the number of Canadian license plates we see especialy on the Winter.. 

Enjoy your new found home here on SSV and show us some work when you get a chance.  Don't forget to give all the details (i.e.; Who's pattern, what wood type and thickness, what blades did you use, finish process, etc.) with your pics also.

• 2 weeks later...

Welcome to The Village. If I was to give someone the most important piece of information for someone just starting in scrolling, it would be 'Blades'. Not sure what you are currently using but if it is from the big box stores that you get them, you need to go on line and buy them there. Home Depot and such just do not carry what you really need. 

Glad to have you on board. I hope you log on often and post comments to other's work, as well. posting is what brings you into the family and really soon, you will feel that you already know them. 

From Sunny and warm  (115 degrees F.) today,  WELCCOME

Dick

heppnerguy