Car Show - Scroll Saw Challenge

Travis

19 hours ago, RabidAlien said:

Those are AWESOME!!!!  Do you still have the plans for them, or know if they're available online?

These are from the The Great All-American Wooden Toy Book by Norman Marshall published in 1986. I was also published in "Great Book of Wooden Toys" It's all old school as in you will need to make/enlarge patterns by hand. Some of the plans were also published in the Shopsmith Hands-On magazine. That is where I first encountered them. I need to make some more of these. I have a box of parts that I haven't used.

2016-04-17 211434 Toy Makers Shop Handmade Wooden Car Parts Norm Marshall Model T Wheels.jpg

2016-04-16 192357 Toy Makers Shop Handmade Wooden Car Parts Norm Marshall Model T.jpg

2016-04-17 205922 Toy Makers Shop Handmade Wooden Car Parts Norm Marshall Model T Steering Wheels.jpg

On 8/12/2020 at 5:38 PM, OzarkSawdust said:

Good job on the cut! I may have to find a pattern of my old Roadrunner. Mine was a 1973, yellow with black stripes . Love the Roadrunners back then, fun cars. It had the "slap stick" and was very quick, I won 5 trophies with it and placed high numerous times at the drag strip! Does your son-in-law still have his? My stepdaughter and her husband still have mine, but I have visitation rights when I go to Nebraska...LOL. See the source image

My brother has one that is the plumcrazy purple color with the white stripe and white interior.. has a built 340 with the 6 pack carb. / intake.. I can't remember now if it's auto or manual transmission..  

I said I would post another one with a story to go along. This one is a throwback from many years ago (2006 to be exact). This is the third piece I’ve ever cut on a Scrollsaw. Back around 2007 ish a friend was over and we was going through some of the stuff I made and he seen this and had to have it. I gave it to him thinking I could make another and he just loved it. Then a few months later I was at his place and no sign of it anywhere so I asked him where he put it. He couldn’t remember it so I showed him this picture then he remembered that I gave it to him etc but he claims he don’t know what ever happen to it.  His kids were big time brats and I suspect they got mad on his way home and they probably got mad and broke it.  Needless to say I’ve never given him another piece since. He has bought many from me but never been given again. I rarely give anybody anything these days as free has no value to others so they care less about the hard work I put into making a piece. I do give as gifts for occasions but never to just give for the sake of giving. Shame that someone took that giving gratitude of mine away as lots of people could have enjoyed that. Lol

Now the second half of the story is when I finally had the urge to make it again my hard drive that I stored patterns on crashed and I lost the pattern of this and of many other great patterns from back in the day. 😞  I do have the drawing of this as a icon but as soon as I enlarge it, it gets real pixelated so I’ve never made another. 

F5E1D63F-D3F3-4553-9355-222143506773.jpeg

Edited by kmmcrafts

All of these great automotive cuttings are getting me motivated! Some beautiful work.

I had Commissioned Charles Dearing back in 2007 to do a fretwork pattern of my car, maybe it is time for me to finally cut it.  Actually I want to do an Intarsia version  of it that I will design myself. All I need is time.

DSC_1196.JPG

Edited by Rolf

5 hours ago, Rolf said:

All of these great automotive cuttings are getting me motivated! Some beautiful work.

I had Commissioned Charles Dearing back in 2007 to do a fretwork pattern of my car, maybe it is time for me to finally cut it.  Actually I want to do an Intarsia version  of it that I will design myself. All I need is time.

DSC_1196.JPG

That is one great looking car and the restaurant behind it has great reviews too!