Hello from Ohio.

BigHE

19 hours ago, BigHE said:

My name is Jay.  I have never used a scroll saw before today.  I bought the Porter Cable one yesterday just for fun and got whooped on pretty good by my first project.  I have used other saws before and I enjoy woodworking.  Looking for to chatting with you all.  

Your in good hands here! Jump on in and make lots of  world wide scrolling friends. Everybody's opinion is welcome , the more the merrier. Hope you become a regular here. Thanks for finding us. Welcome friend!!!

Welcome to the village, Jay!
Looking forward to seeing some of your projects.
I would suggest you take photos of all your projects for your own scrap book and
look back occasionally at your previous projects and see how well and how quickly you
progress!.
If you don't mind my asking, what part of Ohio are you from? Some of the members here that I recall from Ohio include
Clayton (who already replied), Dan from near Cincinnati, and Birchbark (Russell).
This is a fine group of people so enjoy yourself and ask for any help. You can also send us your tips and suggestions
along the way.

God Bless! Spirithorse

Welcome to the Village from the East Coast of Central Florida.   

Although I have completed a number of projects I'm relatively a newbie  also.  Only been at this for about 5 months.  I also started with the Porter Cable Scroll Saw. It is a fairly good saw but has a tnedancy for the blade to wobble side to side, at least mine did,  when starting which made it a little difficult to sart the cut exactly where you want it.   After only a short time I decided to buy a better quality saw and got a 21" Pegas.   

I have two quick sugggestions.  One buy yourself a LED lighted magnifyier lamp and get a foot operated on/off switch.  Both will make scrolling a lot more enjoyable.  Harbor Fraight sells a relatively inexpensive foot switch.