Charles Dearing Native American and Buffalo Skull

spirithorse

Great job. 

That cut would take me a lot longer than  6 1/2 hours. 

Even though my Pegas has a lifting arm, I stll bottom feed because I can never get the blade to go through the work without kinking when threading down from the top.  

I think I would also leave as is.  A nice custom made frame will make it a complete.

Edited by FrankEV

On 10/4/2020 at 7:13 PM, spirithorse said:

Just off the saw, a Native American with a Buffalo Skull, pattern by Charles Dearing.
I modified it because there was a structure in one portion that, to me, did not represent anything except to
take up dead space in the pattern.

This is approximately 15" x 14" and, since I use strictly flat blades and do not have a saw with an upper arm
that lifts, and therefore bottom feed, this took me over 6 1/2 hours to cut.

I m don't know if I am going to leave it as is or add something to take up some of the dead space around the
Native American. Suggestions welcome.

God Bless! SpirithorseNA-and-Buffalo-Skull-cuttin.gif.f20b343e1f23a2918fce16cfdd2754f4.gif

I made a pattern of Sacajawea from the coin she was on, that had her baby in his carrier. I then made a frame of BB Ply and cut a canoe, teepee and several native American items into the frame that had a red backer board to show off the frame symbols. I really liked the way it came out. Just an idea.

Dick

heppnerguy

On 10/9/2020 at 11:43 AM, spirithorse said:

Thanks, @heppnerguy
I was looking for some Native American related objects to possibly wood-burn into the frame.
Still undecided and itching to get on to a different project! LOL
God Bless! Spirithorse

I thought I would show you  what I did..It is a simple frame but I thought it was a good idea to add something more to my piece. I made this for a  Native American friend and she loved it. I made the pattern from a picture that   was one the gold colored coin, she was on

Dick

heppnerguy

sacjawia.JPG