New format using my Ipad

Gonzo

3 questions

1) Since the new format change, to view everyone’s  pictures I have to click on an address that brings up the pics. Is this now the new norm?

I am not able to reply to posts because the “Reply box” is to small, so....

2) Is my iPad too old for this new format? ( I’m using my iPhone to post these questions)  

Question #3) anyone else have these problems?

I checked it on mine too.  Everything seems to be working OK.  The quick reply box at the bottom of the forum seems to be about the same size as before.  I have a feature called "Lazy Load" which basically means it doesn't download the pictures untill you scroll to them.  Its supposed to help with bandwidth and page load times.  But maybe it's a bit too slow?  Does your browser seem to spin as if it's trying to load when you're looking at pictures?

1 hour ago, Travis said:

I checked it on mine too.  Everything seems to be working OK.  The quick reply box at the bottom of the forum seems to be about the same size as before.  I have a feature called "Lazy Load" which basically means it doesn't download the pictures untill you scroll to them.  Its supposed to help with bandwidth and page load times.  But maybe it's a bit too slow?  Does your browser seem to spin as if it's trying to load when you're looking at pictures?

This pictures is what I have on iPad.
Also, when I’m at the top of the site, in the Blue bar, I can’t even get the Forums when I click on Community. Same with Patterns, Resources, etc. iPad is only 4 years old  

B36353D9-B467-4247-B351-CF022C5E0451.jpeg

14 minutes ago, dgman said:

Go to settings, press general, go to updates. It will show what updates are available.

Thank you, I did what you suggested, there is an update. But here’s the kicker, a little window pops up saying “iOS 10.2.1 failed verification because you are no longer connected to internet”. Funny, because I have full internet bars and I can read emails, browse other woodworking sites, Model Railroader site. Etc. 

11 minutes ago, Gonzo said:

Thank you, I did what you suggested, there is an update. But here’s the kicker, a little window pops up saying “iOS 10.2.1 failed verification because you are no longer connected to internet”. Funny, because I have full internet bars and I can read emails, browse other woodworking sites, Model Railroader site. Etc. 

Not an Apple guy by a long shot, but in the settings, log out of your wi-fi; close the window and then go back in, let it find your router and log in again.

It almost seems like it's not loading your JavaScript.  I'm not sure how you'd fix that, though.  I'd imagine it's a setting on your iPad. 

I turned off Lazy Load, see if that helps.

For iPad Navigation, you click Community>Forums.  If you're on a desktop computer, you can click Community and it will automatically take you to Forums.

To acces anything on The Village, I have to 1st click on any of the subjects right below “Village News”. Once I do that I can navigate the website no problem. Weird eh?

Well, there are a few glitches. 
 I still cannot respond to anyone, nor can I send an emoji as a reply to a post. Yes, I am logged into the site. 

I can now see pictures that people post without having to click on an address. Thank you Travis for fixing that. 
Hard to believe a 4 year old IPad is outdated. Dang thing still won’t allow an update 

My iPad is pretty old (maybe 4-5 years) and it seems to be working OK.  Which browser are you using?  I'm using Safari.

For navigation, you should have 3 lines in the upper right corner.  That's the navigation menu.  Is that there for you?  It was there on the previous version as well.

No description available.

This is what I see for replies.  I just click into the box, it expands with your text box.  The Like button also seems available on all of the corners of posts.

No description available.

This is the screen I have when on Home Page. I do not get the 3 bars at upper right. 
To access anything on the site I have to click on one of the sub titles posted under Village News. 
I still am not able to reply to a post and when I go to “Like” someone’s post, all I can do is use the heart icon. The rest are not available to me. Pretty weird if ya ask me. 
Oh well, so I have to hop on my iPhone if I want to respond to anything. No biggie. If that’s the worst thing I have to worry about, I’ve got it made. 
Thanks, I truly do appreciate your help. 

1DB001F6-0BD1-4F77-8204-25330EEF6D8F.jpeg

EDA85AD9-022A-49FC-A7EB-6D8F29AD1A1D.jpeg

I see.  If you turn it the other way, you''ll get the 3 bars I was talking about.  If you have it horizontal (like you have it now), you get the navigation bar.  You should be able to click Community on the top navigation bar.  That should take you to the forum.

I'm not sure why you're not getting the Reply box.  I've tried it on multiple devices and they all seem to work.  Sounds like you're able to get it to work on your phone, so it seems isolated to your iPad.  You can try clearing the cookies & sessions on Safari.  On you iPad, go to Settings>Safari>Clear History and Website Data. (Just make sure you know your username/password, because it will delete your auto-login info).  You can see if that works.  Outside of that, I'm not  sure what else could be the problem.