Autumn - Scroll Saw Challenge

Travis

autumn.png

Autumn is certainly here.  Leaves are dropping, the air is cool and the sun is low on the horizon.  Some folks are getting snowed on.  November always has me appreciating the change of seasons.  Remembering the summer days, and looking forward to the Holidays ahead.  This month, our scroll saw challenge is themed, Autumn.  Post your scroll saw projects that say autumn to you.  Is it potpourri boxes, candle holders, leaf trivets?  Get creative.  And when you post, tell us a little about it.  I really enjoy the stories behind the projects.  I look forward to seeing what you come up with.  :)

One old, one new....old one is a Steve Good (I believe) Thanksgiving trivet.  The other is a Steve Good bowl I just finished up....as a kid, Dad was in the Air Force and we were stationed a thousand miles away (or more, depending on the year) from the rest of the family, but when we would get to visit with the grandparents, Mamaw would ALWAYS have a bowl or two of candy sitting around.  Didn't matter if it was Thanksgiving or Christmas, there was a bowl of those fancy hard candies you only find during the holidays, and a bowl of those peppermint nougat things that I came to love.  So having a bowl for snacky-stuff is always handy.  The SteveGood pattern calls for 1/4" stock, I used 1/2" ply to make it a bit taller....more munchies is not a bad thing, is it?

20181107_201240.jpg

20201102_190330.jpg

• Travis unpinned this topic