Feeling very proud of myself

zena

54 minutes ago, wombatie said:

Congratulations Susan you did a fabulous job.  Certainly one to be proud of.  :thumbs:  No paint or stain but that's only my opinion. 
With your new saw you are now officially addicted and there is no known cure.  :lol:

Marg

Thank you very much 🙂 I thought about it hard im just going to seel it. Im in love with my saw I even gave it a hug and kiss for doing a good job lol 

It needs a name lol Im def going to be addicted im already trying to think of what to make next lol

2 hours ago, heppnerguy said:

Congratulations on a job well done. I love to see new scrollers tackle the ones they are not too sure about.. You are right not to jump too far over your head but to give something  new a try to find out how you will do. success is yours and I can see a lot of wonderful new projects coming from your shop throughout the year.

Dick

heppnerguy

Hi Heppnerguy

Thank you very much, imlooking forward to learning and many years of scrolling 🙂

8 hours ago, dgman said:

You did a great job on your first scroll saw project Susan! What woods did you use? It appears you used a hardwood for the Owl, or at least a hardwood veneer plywood. Using any oil based finish such as lacquer or polyurethane will bring out the natural color of the wood. If you use a water based finish, it will not change the wood. 

Hi Thank you very much, Thank you for letting me kow about waterbased products. I used what they call marine redwood plywood 4mm thick so only think plywood. Hard to find nice wood here

4 hours ago, nrscroller said:

Congrats, you did make something nice. It just takes practice and courage to do it. I have been scrolling for years and I made an Ark of the Covenant scrollsaw project for our Pastor for Christmas and I've never done anything that complicated. I took a picture of it and hung it up next to my scroll saw with a sign over it that says

If you can make this Bill, you can make anything. Try that one, it may help keep you on track

Bill in Wisconsin

Hi Bill Thank you so much I might even do that something to remember every day. Wow congrats for doing a Ark I have a long way to go

50 minutes ago, Tomanydogs said:

Very nice first project. The various projects you can make on a scroll saw are endless, this is the start of a lot of fun and satisfaction. 

39 minutes ago, don watson said:

Excellent first piece of work. Well done. Definitely needs signed and dated. Welcome to our group.

take care and stay safe

Don W

Hi Don Thank you 🙂

6 hours ago, barb.j.enders said:

Good job Susan.  Nice to see more females around here.  As Lawson suggested, I would just put a clear finish on it. And then hang on your wall.  I don't believe I kept my first project.  Not even sure what it was.  Wish I had.

Hi Barb

Thank you very much, Im def going to hang it on my wall no one is getting it lol. Im going to just clear finish it

4 hours ago, spirithorse said:

Well done!
I really like it as it is and, since we don't know what kind of wood the owl is made of, I don't know how well it will accept stain.
It would be a pity to stain it and end up with blotchy spots.
I would, however, put a coat of rattle can polyurethane on it as lawson56 already suggested.

God Bless! Spirithorse

Hi Spirithorse

Thank you very much, the owl wood is redwood marine plywood 3mm thick  im only going to clear spray finish it

4 hours ago, spirithorse said:

Well done!
I really like it as it is and, since we don't know what kind of wood the owl is made of, I don't know how well it will accept stain.
It would be a pity to stain it and end up with blotchy spots.
I would, however, put a coat of rattle can polyurethane on it as lawson56 already suggested.

God Bless! Spirithorse

Hi Spirithorse

Thank you very much, the owl wood is redwood marine plywood 3mm thick  im only going to clear spray finish it

Very nice work.

I had to look up the brand-  Read the specs etc.

Except for the color it looks like a twin to my King 21--  A very fine saw; Now you need to make a adaptor to put a good light with a lot of positions on the stand!

I use a spring arm light with a wooden mounting pad attached by bolts to the stand frame. It that has multiple holes for moving the light around, led bulb also makes a good light and does not get hot!

9 hours ago, rjR said:

Very nice work.

I had to look up the brand-  Read the specs etc.

Except for the color it looks like a twin to my King 21--  A very fine saw; Now you need to make a adaptor to put a good light with a lot of positions on the stand!

I use a spring arm light with a wooden mounting pad attached by bolts to the stand frame. It that has multiple holes for moving the light around, led bulb also makes a good light and does not get hot!

Hi jRj Thank you, The carbatec saw that I have isnt a King. I do need to look into getting some sore of lighting. At moment i am using a day light lamp that is working out good for now until I can get something.

• 2 weeks later...