Nashville Tennessee Newbie

Ceric ME

Hello,

I live in Nashville and I excitedly just got my first Scroll Saw.  It's a $90 unit that does take pinless blades.  I'm starting out there until I can try out some of the more expensive units.

I make and paint Warhammer figures as well and like to make them into Diorama.  To that end I'm going to try my hand at some plastic scroll sawing as well.

So far I've made a Basket, done some practice sheets, and made a cat cut-out. Watched a lot of Youtube on Scroll saws and I'm trying to go through Scrollsaw Workbook 3rd Edition (which I promptly drilled 3 holes through and cut the binding off to put it into a notebook.)

Currently challenge is finding reasonably priced 1/8 and thinner wood I don't fill guilty messing up and not snapping blades at the lower clamp.

I'm going to tool around here and hopefully find some interesting items.

59 minutes ago, Dan said:

Welcome to The Village! I'd like to see some of your dioramas and warhammers figures.

Alright I haven't gotten to do any with the scroll saw yet.  This is what I've done with the Drill Press and the Razor blade for my Edrinrigger and Special Christmas figure.

Next I like to finish up putting together my Red Gobo figure from 2 Christmas's ago.  I'm looking for a 3D Christmas Tree pattern with a nook in it to put the figure.

IMG_20210227_153712.jpg

IMG_20210306_170009.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Another welcome, his time from across the States in  Southern Arizona.  I am not familiar with the projects you are talking about here but if you log on often, I soon will become familiar with them. The main thing is to become comfortable with your scroll daw and enjoy whatever is your liking on it