Back Again, Again?!

Messman

Well I am back once again. For those who remember me, Howdy once again, and I am glad I am back with the hopes to be actually active. For those who don't know me, Howdy to you and nice to meet ya.

So to bring you up to speed on my first absence: Went through a divorce and a job change. I met a great gal and we both started driving a big rig together. We got married last year and bought a house with 15 Acres in North East Texas. We both have quit driving so we can spend time at home and develop our property into a homestead. So if you want to swing by and meet us, just let us know, there is plenty of room for a camper, tent, and we even have a spare room. (You will have to PM me to see about meeting us.) There is an excellent Bass Fishing lake just minutes from the house and a couple of camp grounds you can use as well.

I have managed to get my stuff out of storage and I am also in the process of getting things set back up to start up my woodworking again, and I am planning on getting back into making patterns. I just need to get back into it slowly.  While I probably wont be as active as I was the first time here (I was a former mod) I do plan on being active.

Good to see you all, and have a great day.

Chris

Messman's Woodworking 

Welcome back Chris. Developing a homestead is time consuming. I have just over 20 acres and my property abuts 4300 acres. The little hill I live on was once named rattle snake hill (for a good reason). I mow 6 acres just to keep an eye out for slinky slithers. Add to that fence maintenance for the cows, care for the goldfish pond and the never ending honey-do list, my time on the saw is limited. Ohhh, did I mention I am retired from one career and now work full-time second shift on another job? What I'm getting at is to remember to take a little time for yourself and the saw is an excellent way to do that.

Congrats on your property and new bride. Wish you the best with both!

9 hours ago, Dak0ta52 said:

Welcome back Chris. Developing a homestead is time consuming. I have just over 20 acres and my property abuts 4300 acres. The little hill I live on was once named rattle snake hill (for a good reason). I mow 6 acres just to keep an eye out for slinky slithers. Add to that fence maintenance for the cows, care for the goldfish pond and the never ending honey-do list, my time on the saw is limited. Ohhh, did I mention I am retired from one career and now work full-time second shift on another job? What I'm getting at is to remember to take a little time for yourself and the saw is an excellent way to do that.

Congrats on your property and new bride. Wish you the best with both!

Yes I totally agree it's a lot of work, specially when I have to develop it from scratch.

8 hours ago, wombatie said:

Welcome back again Chris, it's good to see you.  Thanks for the invite but it's a bit far for us to travel, plus we are not allowed out of Australia at present. :cry:

Marg

Hey there Marg. Thanks and you know you especially are always welcome. There are a couple of items, that were some of the first things that went on my desk. Stacy is using the Koala Bear and I am using the Country. They are still holding up after all these years.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Welcome back. I have often wondered what happened to you. I especially remember  your pattern making. I am sure I have cut a couple of yours but really don't remember which ones, as old age has killed all but 2 of my brain cells and one of them is always sleeping too.  Good to see you are all right and doing well. Congratulations on  your new wife. November we will be celebrating our 60th wedding anniversary. Be looking for  your work and hopefully some new patterns of yours.

Dick

heppnerguy

• 5 weeks later...
On 8/23/2021 at 11:12 PM, Messman said:

Well I am back once again. For those who remember me, Howdy once again, and I am glad I am back with the hopes to be actually active. For those who don't know me, Howdy to you and nice to meet ya.

So to bring you up to speed on my first absence: Went through a divorce and a job change. I met a great gal and we both started driving a big rig together. We got married last year and bought a house with 15 Acres in North East Texas. We both have quit driving so we can spend time at home and develop our property into a homestead. So if you want to swing by and meet us, just let us know, there is plenty of room for a camper, tent, and we even have a spare room. (You will have to PM me to see about meeting us.) There is an excellent Bass Fishing lake just minutes from the house and a couple of camp grounds you can use as well.

I have managed to get my stuff out of storage and I am also in the process of getting things set back up to start up my woodworking again, and I am planning on getting back into making patterns. I just need to get back into it slowly.  While I probably wont be as active as I was the first time here (I was a former mod) I do plan on being active.

Good to see you all, and have a great day.

Chris

Messman's Woodworking 

great too have you back chris,

congrats on your new life