Back again

Lucky2

Howdy fellow Scrollers, I'm back again, and for now I'll still have to be a site follower. I've hardly been on here since Aug of 2020, and even then, I was holding the position as a follower. After my divorce I had to put all of my tools in storage, and that's where they still are and may be for a while yet. Things were looking up last year, I built a small 12' x 20' workshop that I had hoped to get a lot of use out of. But sadly, I never got to use it at all, and I blame that on myself. I met a new woman in another city, and eventually, we moved in together. I bought a new place for us to live in, and it was a very nice desirable neighbourhood to live in. Especially, for this city, the people who lived in the sub-division were all very friendly, and willing to give a hand when needed. Or just willing to stop and have a chat, which is uncommon in this area. It was more like where I moved from, than it was the cold-hearted place I'd come to know. But, as time moved on, the lady that I met began to change. She didn't want me to talk to anyone unless she was present, and if I did, she would quiz me about everything that was discussed. She would try to tell me when and where I could go, and she even tried to tell me if and when I could talk to my 2 daughters. I finally had enough of her foolishness in Aug, when she told me that my daughter could not visit or stay a night at our place. That was the straw that broke the camel's back. My daughter stayed the night, and thankfully, my ex was very nice and kind to her. After Holly left the next day, we were sitting around cooling off from the heat. That's when Pat started telling me how things were going to be from there on into the future. And that if I didn't like what she said and thought, didn't matter to her. That that was the way things were going to be, and that's when I told her that we were done as a couple. And that I was going to put the place up for sale, and that she had better look into renting an apartment again. Needless to say that she wasn't happy, and that she did everything in her power to get me to change my mind. Well I didn't, and I sold the place in a half of an hour for my asking price. I probably could have gotten a few thousand more, but as it was I was making 80 thousand dollars clear profit on the deal. She expected to get close to half of it, but I only gave her $7000.00. That's more than she spent while we were together, plus, it was more than agreed upon before I bought the place. She was to get back what she spent on the place, plus, I told her that I would pay for her move to the apartment she rented. That was about a month or two ago, and I've been in a fog for about half of that time. A big part of why I've not been around, is because of her, she didn't want me on the computer at all. But yet, she could spend the whole day on her cell phone. But, now that we've separated, we are getting along better than ever. It seems as if we can be friends, but we can not live together. Sure things were fine in the beginning, but her Jeckel and Hyde moods were just to much for me. And now that things have settled down and are back to normal, I hope to start spending more time on my favorite woodworking sites. I still don't have a space to use my saw or tools yet, but I am seriously looking for a spot. Because, storage for my tools is costing to much per month, somewhere's around five hundred dollars each month. I refuse to pay that amount for any length of time, so, if I can't find a place to use them, I might as well sell them all. Because, even if I was still into selling items I make, $500.00 is a lot in the hole to start out with as a debt for the month. Now that she and I are no longer together, I hope to be able to get back into the swing of things. And I do hope to get back to commenting, and checking things out here and on other sites. L can hardly believe that I thought that, I needed a woman bad enough to give up on my hobbies. I now know better than to let that happen again, I never thought that I could be so stupid.

Len

Wow, have I ever got a bunch of reading and checking things out, everyone seems to have been busy while I was gone. And there's lots of new names and faces on the go too, I'll be busy reading to get to know them and their work. I see that The Messman has returned also, welcome back Chris, it's good to see that your still on here. With what you know about scrolling and many other things, it's great to have you here to lean on for help.

Len

Welcome back Len.  It’s good to see you. Sorry you have had issues but sounds like you figured things out and are on the right path to getting your life back on track and getting back to your hobbies. Hope you can find something where you can setup shop again soon.

Edited by meflick
Typos

• 3 weeks later...